Beware of thieves

/ Beware of thieves #21  
Yep, gun control laws are not a deterrent.

I believe that having a gun is a defensive tool, one of several available, and the last resort. I do support the requirement for classes in the law, safety and how to properly handle and shoot any weapon including a pistol.

Today's news is that 1 in 31 USA citizens are under legal restrictions... jail, bail, parole, etc. with the US having the largest such population of any country both by percentage and absolute numbers.

/ Beware of thieves #22  
I use the name Predator because I love to hunt. I suppose it looks kind of strange here compared to a hunting forum.

Consider this: when gasoline got over $2.50 a gallon, drive-offs at gas stations increased, and stations began to require payment up front. However, I never stole any gasoline, I never even considered it. I doubt if you did either. I don't think more people became thieves, I think more people who were already thieves added gasoline to the list of things they were stealing.

I suppose a better way to phrase my opinion would be this way: There are people who obey the law, and those who disobey it. This is why I am opposed to gun control laws. I feel that if a criminal is going to commit a robbery or murder, they have already decided to break the law, and a gun control law is not going to deter them. Might as well be hung for a sheep, as a lamb.

I do think that in some cases, people under the proper amount of pressure will do things they would not ordinarily do.

Joel