Beware of thieves

/ Beware of thieves #2  
Don't you just hate the freaken thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Beware of thieves #3  
I'm afraid that in today's economic climate, even folks who wouldn't dream of doing anything illegal in the past, may be tempted by an "easy score."

Then you have the folks who make a "living" off thievery having to steal more to keep up with increasing costs.

All the more reason to make sure your stuff is secured from theft.

My .02

Lunk

/ Beware of thieves #4  
Hate them hate them hate them. My local diner has a poster of a full sized Excavator that someone stole! Hope they catch the bug...ers.

/ Beware of thieves
Hate them hate them hate them. My local diner has a poster of a full sized Excavator that someone stole! Hope they catch the bug...ers.

I wrote the gentleman an email and invited him here to post some pictures, vin numbers etc.. More exposure here might hellp him out.

/ Beware of thieves #7  
Thats not the only kind of thieves out there either. Got to be careful on CL too, lots of people out there willing to take you for a ride if they can get away with it.

See here:

WELL FOLKS I GOT TOOK! I answered an ad to a person who wanted a 6' rototiller for his tractor. I had one and emailed him and he called me. He talked a very good game and even put me off to come and see it the first time. We had several phone calls back and forth (cell phone of course) and I told him I wanted a rear tine garder tiller. He claimed to have one but wanted to make sure it worked well before he could bring it (postponed for an additional day). He finally showed up with the digger. He talked a very good game, appeared to be a good ole boy real down to earth! He was driving a late model F-250 Ford diesel (2006 or better) grey in color and pulling a blue dual axel trailer with 24" side bodies and tailgate. He claimed to be from the Belton, S.C. area. After taking the tiller off the trailer and helping him load the big rototiller, he paid me the balance of $450.00 in the form of a company check. The company was Hamiliton Equiptment Co. out of Newberry S.C. (non-existant company I have later learned!) These checks were in a 3-ring binder and looked to be legit! He is dark haired and heavy set White American! Is anybody mising a Scotts Rear tine tiller with a broken drive belt? If so I may have it! Thanks- Alan hope no one else gets taken by him!

I didn't post the CL link, I think that is frowned upon by the mod's here. I hope both of these crooks get caught.

/ Beware of thieves #8  
This would be a real bummer. Just a little reminder to keep an eye on your stuff!

Please Help Find My Equipment

I hope they can be located, and the thieves put in jail.

I seen last night on two other threads where one guy had a PTO shaft
stolen and another one was missing his 3-PT-Hitch, i believe its only
going to get worse.

/ Beware of thieves #9  
Story to tell about thieves.Had a200' power cord stolen from job site.Cost
about $800.00. Found out who stole it called police and local scrap yards
sure enough he showed up with it about noon owner did not buy.Called
police again in that district gave his name address truck description.Said they
wouldn't pick him up because i couldn't make positive id he striped the cable.
Moral of the story thieves have more rights and loop holes than honest
citizens. Framer

/ Beware of thieves #10  
Found out who stole it called police and local scrap yards
sure enough he showed up with it about noon owner did not buy.Called
police again in that district gave his name address truck description.Said they
wouldn't pick him up because i couldn't make positive id

Sounds like plenty of positive ID of the suspect to me. They could charge him and make it his problem to get the case dismissed.