Acres per hour to bush hog?

/ Acres per hour to bush hog? #1  

queen of spades

Silver Member
Hi how many acres per hour should I expect to cover with a 4' bush hog and a 20hp diesel compact?

thanks.

/ Acres per hour to bush hog? #2  
Around 2 if conditions allow you to go about 4mph.

/ Acres per hour to bush hog? #4  
I think it would be just over 1 acre per hour

/ Acres per hour to bush hog? #5  
Hi how many acres per hour should I expect to cover with a 4' bush hog and a 20hp diesel compact?

thanks.

Width of cut in inches (Not including over-lap) X MPH, divide by 100

so, 48" mower with reasonable amount of overlap, let's say 40", 4mph, you may get as much as 1.6 acres per hour.

/ Acres per hour to bush hog? #6  
Depends upon what your cutting and how fast and how good a job you want!

If you don't care shift up and cover the acerage !!

/ Acres per hour to bush hog? #7  
Over the years I have studied and done all the calculations and the only certainty is that it always took longer than I figured.

/ Acres per hour to bush hog? #8  
Yeah,and it always costs more than you thought it would.

/ Acres per hour to bush hog? #9  

thanks.

With my 2005 Kubota B7510HST (21 hp engine, 17 hp pto) and a 4-ft King Kutter medium duty hog, I could cut about 0.5 acre/hr in 3-4 ft tall pasture and about 1 acre/hr in 1-2 ft tall stuff. Every few hours I'd have to stop and clean the trash off the screen in front of the radiator.

/ Acres per hour to bush hog? #10  
Width of cut in inches (Not including over-lap) X MPH, divide by 100

so, 48" mower with reasonable amount of overlap, let's say 40", 4mph, you may get as much as 1.6 acres per hour.

Interesting, the excel sheet I made a while back says 1.69 acres/hour for a 4' cutter. It's nice to get confirmation from an expert!

jb