Ballast Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights?

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #21  
I have my rears fluid filled and wanted more weight up front. had them foam filled and now wish I had used liquid there instead. The foam makes the fronts too rigid and I lost traction this winter. Next time it will be fluid in all four.

I thought about using an attachment in the rear as weight but having to haul it around all the time wasn't such a good idea.

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #22  
I think he means power; but I was taught the old fashioned definition of power (rate of doing work), I was also taught that work was force times distance.
This may have changed since I left skool.

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #23  
I think he means power; but I was taught the old fashioned definition of power (rate of doing work), I was also taught that work was force times distance.
This may have changed since I left skool.
Well phooie. I thot he was right and just used the wrong word.
larry

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #24  
I would never run a loader tractor without loaded tires. On mu Ford 3230 Ford recommended loaded tires and a 3 pt hitch equilavent weight equal to the amount lifted. To get equilavent weight multiply the rear attachemnt weight times 1.5

Andy

I meant 2120. Type :D

Andy

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #25  
I know one NH dealer that put up a fuss when I said I would want the loader but didn't want the tires loaded.
Said something about THEIR liability on a tractor/loader with that that much lift becoming unstable. I was looking at their 45 HP tractors at the time and planning to do my own tire filling, he said they couldn't sell it with a loader and without loaded tires - I walked.

I think you should have listened.
My Kubota/New Holland dealer who has been in business about 60 years loads all tires on loader equipped tractors. The cost is just build into the prive of the package. In my opinion loader tractors without tire loading are lethal combinations.

Andy