Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    DK 45, 2003

Default Slow moving vehicle sign

I saw in a Agri supply catalog a note that they cannot ship the Slow moving vehicle sign to Illinois residence. Does anyone know why? just wondering

Default Re: Slow moving vehicle sign

No idea! Maybe they are already so slow there they don't want to slow down more?

jb

Tractor
    2008 Kubota B2320 - Bar/Turf Tires

Quote Originally Posted by intel View Post
    I saw in a Agri supply catalog a note that they cannot ship the Slow moving vehicle sign to Illinois residence. Does anyone know why? just wondering
    Probably because the state of Illinois now requires SMV emblems to meet the new ASAE S276.5 standard, and this emblem does not meet that standard.

I'm not really that smart, I just cut and pasted the above from a SMV sign advertised on Gempler's site.
    2009 Kubota BX2660, R4 Tires
    LA243 FEL, 54" Fine Cut Mower, 42" Cammond Box Blade
    62" FORD 917H Flail Mower
    Current hour meter reading: 26

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 2120 , New Holland TN75D, Hitachi UH083LC Excavator

Just a quick note on SMV signs. They are only allowed on slow mowing vehicles. I see quite a few posted on fences, posts etc and that is not legal.

Andy

Tractor
    Deere 755

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMA View Post
    Just a quick note on SMV signs. They are only allowed on slow mowing vehicles. I see quite a few posted on fences, posts etc and that is not legal.

Andy
    Well, slow moving vehicles occasionally stop. When they do, they are traveling at the same speed as a fence, post, or...? Would it be legal if you attached wheels to the fence or post?
    Jerry

JD 755 w/70 loader, 60" MMM, LandPride FDR2560, Artillian Forks, Brush Bandit chipper, Woods RB60 blade, 48" KKII tiller, DR LeafVac
    Gator HPX 4x4 Gas,Cat 303c CR mini-ex

Quote Originally Posted by yankeerider View Post
    Well, slow moving vehicles occasionally stop. When they do, they are traveling at the same speed as a fence, post, or...? Would it be legal if you attached wheels to the fence or post?

Or maybe since the post is traveling with the planet at 66,000 miles an hour around the sun, it is too fast for a SMV?

Andy

You are exactly right. I also see them on trailers doing 75...

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Case DX55, Ford 850

Andy
    Wouldn't that mean it is illegal to have them sitting on a store shelf? I think the intent is that they are not to be posted on vehicles traveling above a set speed (20 mph?)

Cluny, Wheatland County, Alberta (east of Calgary)
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST

Mine is hanging in the shop. I guess I had better get it moving a little bit somehow!

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

Andy

I see some ocassionally on the back of a utility trailer going 60mph down the hwy!!!
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5 1/2ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

It's not how slow you mow... it's how well you mow slow!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast