Slow moving vehicle sign

/ Slow moving vehicle sign #1  

intel

Silver Member
Tractor
DK 45, 2003
I saw in a Agri supply catalog a note that they cannot ship the Slow moving vehicle sign to Illinois residence. Does anyone know why? just wondering

/ Slow moving vehicle sign #2  
No idea! Maybe they are already so slow there they don't want to slow down more?;)

jb

/ Slow moving vehicle sign #3  
I saw in a Agri supply catalog a note that they cannot ship the Slow moving vehicle sign to Illinois residence. Does anyone know why? just wondering

Probably because the state of Illinois now requires SMV emblems to meet the new ASAE S276.5 standard, and this emblem does not meet that standard.

I'm not really that smart, I just cut and pasted the above from a SMV sign advertised on Gempler's site.

/ Slow moving vehicle sign #4  
Just a quick note on SMV signs. They are only allowed on slow mowing vehicles. I see quite a few posted on fences, posts etc and that is not legal.

Andy

/ Slow moving vehicle sign #5  
Just a quick note on SMV signs. They are only allowed on slow mowing vehicles. I see quite a few posted on fences, posts etc and that is not legal.

Andy

Well, slow moving vehicles occasionally stop. When they do, they are traveling at the same speed as a fence, post, or...? Would it be legal if you attached wheels to the fence or post?:D

/ Slow moving vehicle sign #6  
Well, slow moving vehicles occasionally stop. When they do, they are traveling at the same speed as a fence, post, or...? Would it be legal if you attached wheels to the fence or post?:D

Or maybe since the post is traveling with the planet at 66,000 miles an hour around the sun, it is too fast for a SMV?:D

/ Slow moving vehicle sign #7  

Andy

You are exactly right. I also see them on trailers doing 75...

/ Slow moving vehicle sign #8  

Andy
Wouldn't that mean it is illegal to have them sitting on a store shelf? I think the intent is that they are not to be posted on vehicles traveling above a set speed (20 mph?)

/ Slow moving vehicle sign #10  

Andy

I see some ocassionally on the back of a utility trailer going 60mph down the hwy!!!