position control

/ position control #1  

cchoate

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota GL3430 HST
Ok, I'm new to some of the terms - what's position control?

/ position control #2  
cchoate,
I'll try to describe position control in layman's terms...

Without position control, the 3-point lift mechanism has "UP" and "DOWN" control of the lift arms which allows the operator to position 3-point equipment at whatever point the lift mechanism lever is released (full up, full down, or anywhere in-between). Once you depart from a known setting (a desired mowing height, for example) you may have trouble finding that exact height again. Additionally, it is possibly that the 3-point equipment may creep down from an desired setting.

With position control, the lift mechanism arm has a range of numbers (say 1 to 8) that represents full up, full down, and intermediate positions. Once you depart from a know setting (setting 4, for example), you can return to that same setting and the lift mechanism will keep it there for you.

Now when it comes to the next feature, DRAFT control, I'd have to refer you to a post on this board about 2 or 3 years ago that had an excellent description of both draft and position control. I have a copy somewhere...

Kelvin

/ position control #3  
On my New Holland you use position control to consitently lower the 3-point hitch to the same height (relative to the tractor) everytime. It is just a simple locking device that you can move to any position, lock it, and then you can lower your 3-point lever to that same spot everytime. I have attached a picture of the position control on my NH as seen from below. I took the picture while I had the tire and fender cover off to install my rear remote.

Attachments

• 47-152704-Position_Control.jpg
    47-152704-Position_Control.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 109
   / position control #4  
We'll probably give you enough explanations here to throw you into total confusion, cchoate. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I just want to point out an oft-missed fact, and that is that the 3-pt offers no down pressure, so I always think of position control as:

A feature which allows you to position your 3-pt implement at a minimum height above which it will "float".
wink.gif

/ position control
Thanks guys, that cleared it up for me. I just purchased a B7500 with a MMM. Can you add a positioning control like the NH? The local Kubota dealer was very helpful and a down to earth person. The Deere dealer was like dealing with a high pressure used car salesman. The 4110 was $1200 more than the 7500. FYI - If you don't get your kubota with everything you want (fel), you can't add it to your contract, you have to start with a seperate contract.

/ position control #6  
No, I do not think you can add PC to the 7500, the B2410 does have PC but probably cost as much as the Deere. J

/ position control #7  
<font color=blue>Can you add a positioning control like the NH?</font color=blue>

The answer is "yes" and "no". As it happens the B7500DTN comes with PC, so we know it can be done (as in the parts exist, & can be retrofitted). However, when I first investigated this, the regional Kubota rep told me the cost of making the retrofit would exceed the value. Parts and labor to convert a B7500 to PC are higher than just getting a B2400 (for example).