Pintle Hitch on Tractor

/ Pintle Hitch on Tractor #32  
Kennyd. Thanks for the pitcher. It's welder time. I got to build me one of those. I also have to put a reciver hitch on my draw bar, as I made a loging arch, for the larger timber that I have to drag out of the bush, that I can't lift with the three point. I almost rolled the arch a couple times, [my back yard is really bumpy and hilly] I need to put my pintle hook on the draw bar.[it rotates 360] I was thinking of bolting a three inch piece of channel iron, facing down [u side down] to the draw bar, a second piece welded face down to the first, [ this would acommodate the nuts that hold the first piece on] weld the reciver to the back of the second piece of channel iron. Any ideas??? Thanks Dave

You are welcome for the picture, I have know other idea to help your situation...

/ Pintle Hitch on Tractor #33  
Jim. I never thought of welding right to the draw bar. With a reciver hitch, It could be a clevis hitch, or any thing else you could wont. Did you use a 7018 rod to weld it, been dissimilar metal, and one really hard???
Dave

/ Pintle Hitch on Tractor
I waited till the last day of my week off for my friend to take delivery of his big chipper. It won't arrive for a couple of weeks now. I rented the small chipper, pic attached, with the ball hitch and it did a good job with the small stuff. I chipped from 9:00am till 6:00pm; $120.00 for the day and I got my $120 worth...and at the end of the day I could tell I will be hitting the big 5...0 this year!:(

I will still make the pintle hitch for the tractor since I plan of using the big chipper once he takes delivery.

Attachments

• 100_0857.jpg
    100_0857.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 408
   / Pintle Hitch on Tractor #35  
3pt receiver adaptor is the way to go, you'll always find other uses for it, that one that uses a horizontal draw bar is pretty cheap and effective, much more versatile than using the draw bar, and easier on the back :)

Here's another idea, I use this for moving trailers around the yard, don't think it would be practical for your needs though.

JB.

Attachments

• DSCN3804.JPG
    DSCN3804.JPG
    964.1 KB · Views: 685
  • DSCN3805.JPG
    DSCN3805.JPG
    999.5 KB · Views: 3,348
   / Pintle Hitch on Tractor #36  
David-Davies - it's wire welded with ER70-S-6 .035 wire. My welder likes big stuff - this might have been around 180 amps, welder isn't marked. I guess the drawbar is pretty hard, 'cause the original one (without the receiver) broke right off for the previous owner. Tube is mild, but I didn't know any better and weld worked just fine. Sold the 135 though...
Jim

/ Pintle Hitch on Tractor #37  
jimmysisson. I've got a bush cutter, witch I broke the blades, I welded the first one with a wire feed [240 volt 50 amp plug] It broke in five minute. I then welded it with a 7018 rod, it lasted a week. It broke right behind the weld, through the mounting hole. So I rewelded it with 7018 rod, then welded a piece of 1/2 X 2 flat bar down each side with 7018 rod. It hasen't broken since.
Dave

/ Pintle Hitch on Tractor #38  
JB4310. I got to make one of those too. Thanks for the pitchers. I know just enught about welding to be dangerous.

/ Pintle Hitch on Tractor #39  
D-D You mean you welded the blades on a bush hog type, rear rotary mower? I wouldn't attempt that. Congratulations that it finally worked and no one was injured. New blades aren't that expensive...
Jim

/ Pintle Hitch on Tractor #40  
Jim when the blades brake they stay under the bush cutter, and the cutter shakes violently. Inever checked out the price of new blades, because I can't aford them. I got put out on disability, dew to poor eyesight, $1800 a month doesn't go far, after you make the houes payment.
Dave