Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tractor
    Kubota L48 (Ellie Mae)

Default Re: Tractor Documentation

Cool! Can you post a picture?

Around 1973 or so, I pulled up next to a beat-up old Volvo on 610 in Houston. It had about 4 rows of silohouetes painted on the side. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, pedestrians, dogs, cats... This thing was really beat up and the it wasn't that difficult to imagine that the silohouetes had some basis in fact. It had quite a bit of clear space around it... I wish I had a picture of it.

-david

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

For those with no zip/unzip program, the poster could simply rename the *.xls file *.zip, and the downloader could then rename the file again and use it.

{standard safety disclaimer, yada yada yada}

Soundguy

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

"For those with no zip/unzip program, the poster could simply rename the *.xls file *.zip, and the downloader could then rename the file again and use it."

That may corrupt the file.
    You can download Winzip (evaluation version)<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.winzip.com/>here</A>.
    I don't think there is a time limit on the evaluation version. I've used it before (on and off for several years) before I bought a zip program.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

If the server is storing the .zip file intact.... by default, it will store the .xls file intact. If the .xls file is corrupted by the uploading and storing.. then the same would happen to the .zip file. Having run a BBS since the mid 80's ( still have it running ), I've seen it and countless other tricks done thousands of times. The simple act of renaming the file shouldn't harm it either.

Simply put, the 3 letter extension on the file isn't going to magically ensure the data integrity of the file during the transfer any more than a green car has a better chance of not being in an automobile accident than a blue car while traveling down the same road with the same conditions.

Baring that for those that feel they lack the skill/knowledge to manipulate the file in this way, the poster could simply make it a self extracting archive rename it, and identify it as such.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>"That may corrupt the file.
    You can download Winzip (evaluation version)here.
    I don't think there is a time limit on the evaluation version. I've used it before (on and off for several years) before I bought a zip program."

Tractor
    Mitsubishi D 1800

I don't know that smokeless is a passing fancy, have you seen the latest thing for blackpowder shooters? Hodgdon's 777, no smoke, no fouling, no smell, no fun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123