Oil & Fuel Fuel system bleed

/ Fuel system bleed #1  

golfgooroo

Recently had a problem with the thermistor and possibly the fuel cutoff solenoid. However, I can't seem to properly bleed the system of air. I can prime the fuel to the pump but cannot see fuel at an injector. I don't have a manual on the JD 5210 so I'd appreciate any help on proper means to bleed the fuel system.

Thanks!

/ Fuel system bleed #3  
You most likely have air in the injectors, which can be solved several ways. Luckily anytime I have had a problem on any of my tractors I coudl keep cranking the engine and eventually it woudl work through and fire. On the rare occasion I had someone else crank the engine and gave a small shot of either into the intake and it fired. Do not spray either in the intake then go around and crank it as the either will fill the entire intake and you have a long draw when it does fire and the engine will race.
The other option is to crack an injector loose and crank the engine, but keep in mind you are then dealing with a fluis under several thousand psi that is looking for a way out.

/ Fuel system bleed #4  
Recently had a problem with the thermistor and possibly the fuel cutoff solenoid. However, I can't seem to properly bleed the system of air. I can prime the fuel to the pump but cannot see fuel at an injector. I don't have a manual on the JD 5210 so I'd appreciate any help on proper means to bleed the fuel system.

Thanks!

Crack the line at the injectors and crank till fuel dribbles out.. do this one at a time.. it will likely start before you get them all done.

use tools.. keep hands away from high presure fuel and oil!

If it is a manual trans tractor.. sometimes they will like a pullstart after an out of fuel condition.

soundguy

/ Fuel system bleed #6  
You can download an operator's manual for John Deere tractors.
Just to clarify Egon, while you may 'view' JD manuals on the web, downloading them is another thing.

Unless you got some trick up your sleeve you ain't sharing ? :rolleyes:

/ Fuel system bleed #7  
[QUOTEUnless you got some trick up your sleeve you ain't sharing ?][/quote]

Oh oh, did I goof? :eek::D:eek:

I ain't savvy enough to have any tricks that others don't know about!:eek:

But I can Print the items I need.:D

/ Fuel system bleed #8  
Yes, that's easy enough. And don't get me wrong, you can still save each page as a file on your computer.
Problem is their index page, all the links point towards 'their' harddrive.

/ Fuel system bleed #9  
I just changed the original post to "Access" so that should dispense with technical jargon protocol!:D

I can access the site and print the information I require so that makes me happy!:D

Now; hopefully, information on the site will help the OP.

/ Fuel system bleed #10  
Wow dude, I wasn't trying to get "protocolish" on ya, just thought you knew a trick I didn't.