Color of RimGuard

/ Color of RimGuard #1  

Vincie

I am looking at buying a used tractor. The person selling the unit is not the owner and has no records of what was done to the tractor. The rear wheels are loaded with a liquid that is brown in color and has a molasses type smell. Does anyone know if this could be RimGuard?

/ Color of RimGuard #2  
yup - its smells sweet and brown in color. I would know since I filled mine with rimgaurd myself last fall.

/ Color of RimGuard #3  
Yep... RimGuard is simply the molasses left over from sugar beet processing. Dark brown, and very sticky when it dries a bit... washes right off.

It doesn't smell sweet to me though... I loaded my tires last year and loaded my Dad's tires last weekend with it. More of a musty smell... not that it matters.

/ Color of RimGuard
Thank you gentlemen.

/ Color of RimGuard #5  
Yup, that sounds just like the RimGuard that was put in my tires a week ago when I bought it! :p

Troy

/ Color of RimGuard #6  
Yup.. Thats rim guard.. I should know because I was blasted in the face with it on Sunday. Not something to put on your pancakes, but I bet it was better than getting a face full of CaCl.
I was thinking of Jed Clamppet when I was losing it on the ground. Liquid gold..

Wedge

/ Color of RimGuard #7  
Don't feel bad about getting blasted in the face. The pro who filled my tires had the same thing happen to him.