How does JD110TLB compare to M59TLB?

/ How does JD110TLB compare to M59TLB? #21  
I just got there on the Kubota site. An M59 TLB with no options lists for just under $55K.

Spring of '08 (March) I priced out a M59 with thumb, top n tilt, optional lights, HD buckets front and back - nearly $62K.

That's why I say - for that kind of money - you are getting real close to the big iron stuff. JCB, Komatsu, and JD 310's.

I think the Ebay; 160hr, M59 for $28K is somebody's idea of how they can get their hands on your money... and leave you with smoke!

AKfish

/ How does JD110TLB compare to M59TLB? #22  
The street price for a well equiped M59 is typicaly 52-55k. No doubt its not a huge step up to a full size machine, but its filling a niche that no one else does. Kubota is really the only visible company building a TLB of this size. The most popular application we are seeing is landscaping companies who need to load/unload 3000lb pallets of pavers. An L39/110 can't come close... and a full size machine is just too big and heavy.

/ How does JD110TLB compare to M59TLB? #23  
The street price for a well equiped M59 is typicaly 52-55k. No doubt its not a huge step up to a full size machine, but its filling a niche that no one else does. Kubota is really the only visible company building a TLB of this size. The most popular application we are seeing is landscaping companies who need to load/unload 3000lb pallets of pavers. An L39/110 can't come close... and a full size machine is just too big and heavy.

I'd dispute that. I just showed 2 different JCB models that are more capable and similarly priced. JCB invented the backhoe and they're a gigantic worldwide company. They can even be had with a cab.

http://www.equipmenttraderonline.com/find/listing/2007-JCB-Midi-CX-94765249

The reason it might not be visible to you and a lot of the guys who frequent this site, is they're looking more at small machine companies. Take a look at the bigger machine companies and see what they have to offer.

/ How does JD110TLB compare to M59TLB? #24  
I'd dispute that. I just showed 2 different JCB models that are more capable and similarly priced. JCB invented the backhoe and they're a gigantic worldwide company. They can even be had with a cab.

2007-JCB-Midi CX-Backhoes-W. Frankfort-IL

The reason it might not be visible to you and a lot of the guys who frequent this site, is they're looking more at small machine companies. Take a look at the bigger machine companies and see what they have to offer.

Your right Builder, nice tractors.......but.........no 3pt hitch or PTO for those who need an all in one machine for the farm, ranch or landscape business. That is the market Kubota's TLB series have developed more than any other manufacture. If all you need is the loader and backhoe then naturally the yellow iron is worth looking at when you get into the M59 price range.

MarkV

/ How does JD110TLB compare to M59TLB? #25  
Your right Builder, nice tractors.......but.........no 3pt hitch or PTO for those who need an all in one machine for the farm, ranch or landscape business. That is the market Kubota's TLB series have developed more than any other manufacture. If all you need is the loader and backhoe then naturally the yellow iron is worth looking at when you get into the M59 price range.

MarkV

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud :D but Case, JCB, new Holland and many other do offer "skip loaders". They're just like a smaller full size backhoe but they have 3pt hitch arms on them. They can be used for implements and can also get a backhoe subframe. Here's a Deere 210.

2004 DEERE 210L Loader Backhoe For Sale At MachineryTrader.com

Here's 150 4WD skip loaders. Most are cheaper & more powerful than an M-59. I'm not putting down the M-59, just pointing out that it's nothing new. Smaller 3pt backhoes have been made here in America since the 80's:

http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...eywords=&txtStates=&LS=&SO=2&btnSearch=Search

/ How does JD110TLB compare to M59TLB? #26  
Found a 2005 Komatsu WB140 TLB with extenda-hoe, 1,900hrs, canopy, 2 buckets in the paper - $19.5K - OBO.

AKfish

/ How does JD110TLB compare to M59TLB? #27  
If you want a good machine, Buy a Johndeere CT322 or CT332 used. You can equip it with a quick hitch like the imatch to use your implements and get a skidsteer backhoe (way easier than other tractor backhoes) and do all that type of work. remember, this is just a sugestion. Very nice little machines.