Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 8N, Ford 850

Default Re: FEL Digging Technique

Speaking of a toothbar - I am still pondering and pricing new Kubotas and called the dealer a couple of days ago inquiring about the cost of adding a toothbar on the FEL. He acted like I was nuts[img]/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif[/img]. This is the general mgr. of a fairly large kubota dealership who had been there for 20+ yrs. I had to describe it for him. He said he had never heard of putting a toothbar on the FEL of a Kubota, and said those were strictly for heavy equipment/dozers, etc. Anybody else had this kind of reaction from a dealer?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    '78 Kubota B6100DT

My kubota dealer has a sample toothbar section laying on the floor of the sales office.

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

he was joking with u right? if he wasn't he better talk to mister carver, they sell lots of toothbars. he did understand that u were talking about a detachable bar?

Tractor
    Kubota L48 (Ellie Mae)

Mine has a display right inside the door...

-david

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD4100 HST

Funny thing - I didn't even think to ask my dealer about a toothbar. I had been "listening in" on TBN for a couple of months before I bought my JD 4100, and knew how good a toothbar would work and where to get one. I got mine from Carver, and the guys on TBN were absolutely right about how good it would work. It takes less than five minutes to take it off or put it back on, and it is on my tractor at least 95% of the time right now for the kind of work I'm doing (especially since we didn't get any significant snow this last winter.)

<font color=green>Duane</font color=green>

Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT w/FEL

Ron NY, As mentioned in one of the previous posts what you describe is exactly how a loader reacts when in the float position which is not what you want when digging. Bring the bucket down with down pressure (not float position) until the bucket base is level with the ground, then curl forward (dump direction) slightly which should only put some up pressure on the front wheels. You should then be able to drive slowly forward making minor adjustments to the digging angle using the curl. Not hard but does take a little practice to get efficient and a toothbar makes it MUCH easier. You can also take a much more aggresive cut by angling the lip down further but then you have to curl as you drive forward or you'll just dig in and spin your wheels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12