TC40

/ TC40 #1  

dhelsley

Tractor
TC40
Hello list, long time lurker, first time poster.

Just bought a TC40 without a user guide.

I understand all of the controls but one. Can somene tell me which position engages the 4wd? The diagram on the fender leaves me clueless.

PS, I'll try to get a manual so I don't become to much of a nuisance.

Thanks.

Dave

/ TC40 #2  
You might want to try the Ford/New Holland forum below...

/ TC40 #3  
Dave, welcome to the compact tractor world. When seat, if the lever is in the back position, you are in 2wd, moving it all the way forward engages, the 4wd. Just a note, on occassion it may seem like there is resistance in engaging/disengaging this lever. Usually, a light touch of the hyrdo pedal, or straightening out the front wheels will take care of this.

Good luck and enjoy the seat time.

/ TC40
Paul,

Thanks for the info. This control, however, has only an up and down position.

/ TC40 #5  
Dave: My mistake, I a TC45D and the control is to the left of the seat on fender.

Manual says that on geared tractors (tc35, 40 & 45), the lever is to the hand side of seat: their instructions are as follows:

"To engage front-wheel drive, depress clutch pedal fully and pull the lever completely up. To disengage front-wheel drive, depress the clutch pedal and push the lever full down".

Hope this helps.

Paul

/ TC40 #7  
Dave: No problem, I know how it can be sometimes. If you have something specific you need from the manual before you get your's, let me know. I'll scan & e-mail to you.

IndianaPaul

/ TC40 #8  
That is the same way mine engages, ( up/down) .

And like he said.. if it won't engage... let the clutch out a little, or edge the tractor a little forward, etc. Should go right in.

Soundguy