Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota GL3430 HST

Default tranny warm-up time?

I know you're supposed to let a diesel warm up even in warm weather, but my question is reguarding the hydro tranny. When you are letting it warm, do you engage the high - low position or can you leave it in neutral and the tranny warms up (fluid circulates) anyway?

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Default Re: tranny warm-up time?

In <font color=red>cold<font color=red><font color=black> weather its better to let the tractor tranny warm up in neutral,also lower and raise 3 pt hitch plus fel 4 or 5 times after warm up time.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    L4610,BX2200,ZD28F

Leave the Hydro in neutral range and move the foot peddle/peddles back and forth as if you were operating the tractor.This will pump the oil through the hydro and warm it up also.

I don't do this much in warmer weather,but always in cool or cold temps.

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

i let mine warm up in netural, then when it is warmed up, in cold weather i cycle the fel and 3pt. a few times before i pull it out of the garage., then give it a another min or so warm up time.maybe over cautious, but better safe than sorry.

Tractor
    NH TC21D

On a hydro driveline, as the range transmission is behind the hydro unit, you really can't do much to warm the mechanical side up, other than driving the tractor. As MReeter says, keeping the range in neutral, will get some movement going. I don't think that transmissions really need to be warmed up all that much though... Engines do because part dimensions are machined to deal with the expansion created by the heat of combustion... That's why a diesel engine tends to make so much noise at startup. (Hopefully), there is no combustion in your transmission.