Ready to Rumble??

/ Ready to Rumble?? #11  
How long will it take the field to dry out enough to work and plant ? I dont think your good farmland is like our sand. Shure wish timothy would grow here ,we have a big market for timothy horse hay. Are you going to bale small squares (horse ?) or round (cattle) hay? Just wondering and trying to learn something that may help us here.

/ Ready to Rumble??
How long will it take the field to dry out enough to work and plant ? I dont think your good farmland is like our sand. Shure wish timothy would grow here ,we have a big market for timothy horse hay. Are you going to bale small squares (horse ?) or round (cattle) hay? Just wondering and trying to learn something that may help us here.

If we had at least three weeks without rain I should be able to get back in and work it up. Part of the field was near perfect but these wet spots, or seeps, are killing me. I badly need tile in many locations but that is costly and will have to be done over time.
Most likely what I plant in timothy will never be bailed. I use a large part of the farm for dog training so the marginal farm land areas will be put in a cover that is easy to maintain and work a dog in.
Sorry I haven't been much help, my main crops are sweet corn and soybeans and hopefully this year some wheat.

/ Ready to Rumble??
Finally got the disc out of the field and back to the shed. Took the Kioti out with the forks and lifted the disc tongue out of the mud and spun the disc around. I then went back and got the IH and got it hooked up to the disc, had several scary moments when I thought I was going to get stuck again.

Attachments

• Disc on Dry Ground.jpg
    Disc on Dry Ground.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 429
  • Lifting front of disc with Kioti forks.jpg
    Lifting front of disc with Kioti forks.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 411
  • Mud Hole Where Disc Was Stuck.jpg
    Mud Hole Where Disc Was Stuck.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 296