New Kubota L4400

/ New Kubota L4400 #1  

ccstang

Let me start out by thanking TBN. I spent a lot of time reading threads and comparing tractors before I settled on my new Kubota. I originally had no intent on buying new but it just seemed to be the best deal. It seems that tractors really hold their value and with the 0% financing right now on new it seemed to be the best route to go.

I was really looking at a 35 HP but my wife talked me into the 45 HP. She said she did not want to hear me complaining the first time I could not do what I wanted to with the small tractor. So the L4400 HST with FEL and 72" Bush hog was delivered last Thursday (4/9/09), and I am in heaven. The first time I got on it and drove it around at home I too was glad I got the bigger one. It has all the power in the world and I am only running it at 1500 to 2000 rpms until the first 50 is done. I just want to say that Kubota makes a very nice product and if I can't do the job with this tractor than I shouldn稚 be doing it. For those looking for at tractor I spent around $24,000 on my unit with tires filled and delivered. Which I thought was a very fair price considering the unit's MSRP is around $29,000. The only down fall with the tractor is since it is so easy to run I can't get my wife out of the driver's seat.

Thanks to everyone that posts, it made making the decision easier.

ccstang

/ New Kubota L4400 #2  
Congrats on the wife's new tractor! Now you need to buy one for you. And remember - this thread is worthless without pictures!! Enjoy!

/ New Kubota L4400 #3  
I also own a L4400 and can fully appreciate how you feel. It is a great little tractor and has done all I require of it. Like you, I was thinking about the smaller model but am glad I went to the 45HP.

Weedpharma

/ New Kubota L4400 #4  
Great choice with that L4400!

I too bought an L4400 gear drive with FEL in December 08 and am completely happy with it. The power is incredible and the ability to get work done at low rpms is really nice. I also bought a 6' Bush Hog for it recently. Here's some pics with its little brother who I still kept and use frequently.

Kubota6.jpg

Kubota7.jpg

/ New Kubota L4400 #5  
Thats a nice machine. I have 2007 L4400 Gear Drive with about 120 hours on it now, and it's done great work. Having the tires filled makes a huge difference and allows me to use the loader with no ballast on the rear.

Note: photo was from summer 2007, not 2001. stupid camera resets the date to 2001 every time we change batteries. Ugh.

Attachments

• Kubota_1.jpg
    Kubota_1.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 1,205
   / New Kubota L4400 #6  
We bought our 4400 about a year ago and it is indeed a workhorse. Kind of wish I had two. I initiallly thought I wanted a Grand L 39 but the dealer talked me out of it. More tractor for about the same money, he said. Fewer unnecessary bells and whistles. Welcome to the club.

/ New Kubota L4400 #8  
The only down fall with the tractor is since it is so easy to run I can't get my wife out of the driver's seat.
ccstang

Welcome to TBN. Great forum isn't it.

Congrats on the purchase. I went with the L3400 and sometimes wish I'd have gone your route.

I also have problems getting seat time due to the ease of operation.

Wife Rops down.jpg

/ New Kubota L4400 #9  
Bought my L4400HST in November 08. I considered something smaller, horsepower wise, but couldn't pass up the deal on the L4400. It's worked out to be just right for my needs. The extra power doesn't hurt either. You are going to enjoy that tractor! Can't keep my wife off mine either! Mike.

/ New Kubota L4400 #10  
Welcome to TBN and congrats on the new L4400. I Have about 70 hrs on mine now and it is a sweet machine. I think you will be well pleased with your purchase.

Attachments

• DSCF7709E.jpg
    DSCF7709E.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCF7729E.jpg
    DSCF7729E.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 474