BX23 Rear Work Light

/ BX23 Rear Work Light #1  

timswi

Tractor
Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris RZR 900 Trail
This may have been asked before, but is there existing wiring near the ROPS for a rear work light?...If so where is it...I really don't want to run a bunch of wire if I don't need to..And does it tie into the headlights, or do I need another switch...Digging by 4way is no fun:D

/ BX23 Rear Work Light #2  
Hi.. On the BX22 the aux connector was under the seat sticking out of the wire loom that runs to the back. I think the BX24 had it closer to the back, but out of the same wire loom. So I would imagine the BX23 has it somewhere in that vicinity.

The connector is live when the key is on. The Kubota work light has a switch mounted to the light. I've heard of some people mounting switches in their fenders..

I ended up digging mine out of the wire loom by the battery (no easy task), then used a replacement turn signal switch and ran it to a relay and connected the relay output to the aux connector. Since I don't have the alternator upgrade, this allows me to use either the head lights OR the (direct wire, dual overhead) work lights without going over the suggested amperage for the itty bitty dynamo that came with the tractor.

Jeff

/ BX23 Rear Work Light
Thanks Jeff...I'll take a look for that...Switch on the light is a good idea!!!

/ BX23 Rear Work Light #4  
I believe the connection for the light is just to the left of the top link of the TPH. Someone posted a picture of the exact location in the last week or so on the Kubota site, but I can't find it.
As I remember, the connection was taped up in a bundle of wires.

/ BX23 Rear Work Light #5  
I am including the pics of mine where the wire connection is for the BX24 so the 23 should be similar. What I did was look at the taillights and traced it back to the Y part. Under the Y part is the ONLY PLACE with black electrical tape wound up on the wire. Remove the electrical tape and viola! The butt end connectors will show itself.

Attachments

• BX24 exposed wire connections.jpg
    BX24 exposed wire connections.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 260
  • light harness location.jpg
    light harness location.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 186
   / BX23 Rear Work Light
I am including the pics of mine where the wire connection is for the BX24 so the 23 should be similar. What I did was look at the taillights and traced it back to the Y part. Under the Y part is the ONLY PLACE with black electrical tape wound up on the wire. Remove the electrical tape and viola! The butt end connectors will show itself.

I really appreciate the info and pictures...Sounds pretty simple...I'm guessing that lead is always hot, or ignition hot?...Did you put a switch at the light, or does it come on with the headlights?

/ BX23 Rear Work Light #7  
First- its ignition hot. Second, I have to admit that I did not use it for the lights. I felt there wasn't enough gauge in the wire although there might be good enough. I ran 14/2 from front to back. It wasn't an easy task due to little places to run wire without interference of moving parts.

/ BX23 Rear Work Light
First- its ignition hot. Second, I have to admit that I did not use it for the lights. I felt there wasn't enough gauge in the wire although there might be good enough. I ran 14/2 from front to back. It wasn't an easy task due to little places to run wire without interference of moving parts.

I'm with you on the running of wire...There really isn't a clean run anywhere, that's why I was hoping something was already there...I would think that a 35w light would be ok with the wire that's there...Now I have to figure out where to mount the light on the ROPS so that I can see when running the BH. A little experimenting is in order, unless you know what already works. Thanks

/ BX23 Rear Work Light

Found the wire, thanks...this will be easier than I thought...Where and how did you mount your light(s)...I'm thinking 1 35w spot. That should help. The only night digging is due to emergencies...Once to bury the dog in a downpour on newyears, in the dark. Now, that wasn't fun in sooooo many ways:(:(

/ BX23 Rear Work Light #10  
I used angle iron to mount the lights on. Then I used square u bolts to clamp the angle iron onto the top of rops so no modifications was made to the rops. Let me take a pic of it tomarrow when its light out and I'll post .