Question about drawbar hitch

/ Question about drawbar hitch #1  

/pine

Super Star Member
Is there any reason the top link should not be pinned to the drawbar?

I have seen other options to prevent a drawbar from spinning when a trailer hitch ball is bolted directly on the drawbar...

I see I would need to remove the PTO guard to allow the top link to go low enough...

TIA

/ Question about drawbar hitch #2  
  • It will prevent you from raising/lowering the drawbar which makes hitching to a trailer a little more work.
  • If you inadvertantly lift the 3pt it will destroy the toplink before you know what happened.
Otherwise no. MikeD74T

/ Question about drawbar hitch
Thanks...I knew there must have been a reason I could not find mention of it when I searched for drawbar hitch setups...

Thanks again for the quick reply...

/ Question about drawbar hitch #4  
I am sorry but have no idea what you are talking about

Could you post a pic or a link to it

Thanks

Actually I should have said (3pt hitch) "cross-drawbar" and not "drawbar"

I will try and post a pic later

/ Question about drawbar hitch #6  
do a search here for "reciever hitch" and you will find may pics of what you should do. The 3 pt is designed to raise and lower (raise under power), anything you do to restrict this movement will cause major problems.

What you are trying to accomplish is stop your draw bar (between the drag links) from rotating, you have to either couple the draw bar to the drag link or build a simple hitch that uses the top link. Both options have been discussed on this forum. The preferred method would be to use the 3 pt the way it was designed.
Here is mine http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/140938-three-point-receiver-hitch-another.html

Here is a thread on the other option http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/117864-drawbar-lock.html

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks for the info and links...
Here is what I am using until I put together a more solid device

attachment.php

Attachments

• hitch2.jpg
    hitch2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 2,617