Kubota Cab

/ Kubota Cab #1  

Oscar

Tractor
Kubota L4610HSTC
After purchasing a L3710 without a cab I was wondering if it was possible to add a Kubota brand cab after the fact. I realize that there is more to it than just the cab itself. Has anyone done this? Any info on where to look?

/ Kubota Cab #2  
I suspect it's possible, but not practical. The cab models come that way from the factory all pre-assembled. Couldn't hurt to ask your dealer though

/ Kubota Cab #3  
I doubt there would be much difficulty in installing a cab on your tractor - Curtis Cab (www.curtiscab.com) lists a cab for the 3710 which has to be installed by either a dealer or an owner so I expect the same applies to Kubota cabs. I take the cab off my F2400 every summer and put it back on in the fall. I don't see why it would be any more difficult to install a cab on your tractor.

/ Kubota Cab #4  
I have a cab on my L3600 - the predacessor to your model, and have naturally disassembled a few pieces of it. If you can get a hold of one, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to iinstall. the cab is fairly well self contained.

You'd probably have four connections to make.

1) Bolt on the Cab

2) Tie in the electrical system to a couple 30A circuits

3) Tie in the heat coil to the tractor coolant system

4) the most difficult would be the AC - install the compressor and the mini radiator then run and install the coolant hoses. You will have to have a shop pump down the system before the coolant gets released.

/ Kubota Cab #5  
Jodale Perry has a compact cab for the Kubota L3710. They can be contacted at (204) 822-9100. The cab can come off for summer use, but it would be easier taking the doors and windows off because they are pin hinged. This would basically leave you with a ROPS with canopy and a front window.

Angus