BX2200 or B7500

/ BX2200 or B7500 #11  
"I know what you mean about feeling awkward cutting a lawn with a big tractor."

I'm using a Deere 670 with a rear mower.

Although the 670 is real close to the 7500 as far as power, physically, it's quite a bit bigger (almost the same size as the new Deere 790).
I'm finish mowing just over an acre, brush hogging just about an acre and plowing a drive that is ~60 to 70 yards (plus parking area). For any one of those jobs, the 670 is probably overkill. But looking at the "big" picture, it works out pretty well.

My first choice was the BX2200...the size seemed perfect for my tasks (maybe not the 'hogging though, and the extra weight of the 670 probably helps with the snow plowing). However, the 670, a 1991 model, was $4000 to $6000 cheaper then the BX2200 depending on the implements I chose.

/ BX2200 or B7500
Well, I guess I am going to find out! I will be picking up my B7500 with the LA272 FEL and a 60" MMM. I compromised with the MMM because my wife will not mow with a RFM, although I think she is going to have to just stay away from MY Bota! I hope I will not regret the MMM, but once the mower is on, I will probably not take it off until the mowing season is done. Besides, the extra storage length for a RFM is something I do not readily have available, and after spending boku $, I can't justify equipment sitting outside.
As far as looking like an oaf on a big tractor on a smaller sized lot... well... I am sure it won't be long and the neighbors will be drooling. We all know you look better on a BIG BOTA! Besides, who just shelled out the cash?

/ BX2200 or B7500 #13  
Robert,
Enjoy the tractor, I know you will soon be the envy of the neighborhood/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ BX2200 or B7500 #14  
Great choice, and BTW, charge serious rates for helpin' out the neighbors. :)