Plowing

/ Plowing #2  
About 20 plows showed up saturday to plow some Canisteo ground with shredded corn stalks near me. I wish we could have plowed as deep and fast as you were. It sure looks like you had some fun!

/ Plowing #3  
You guys are getting me going about a plow! That sure looks like fun, and is probably better for the soil than just using a rototiller.

/ Plowing
bigtiller, would like to see some pics or a link, I've seen some of the plow days and it sure looks like fun.

Chuck, I will do some video of the tiller later today and post them also. I like to plow first too. I used a subsoiler on the garden year before last and it really helped to let it dry earlier than normal. I planted rye last fall for a cover crop, might try something different this fall.

/ Plowing #5  
Milkman: Looks like a lot of fun. It looked like your tractor wasn't having too much trouble pulling the plow. I just got a plow last fall and haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

/ Plowing #6  
I have never tried to post a link and I am not sure how to do it. You may have to copy and paste this if it isn't live. The bigger guys were an the other side of the field. There was an Allis Chalmers G there with a 12 inch belly plow that was fun to watch.

Private Discussion

/ Plowing #7  
Here in NH winter rye works well, and the deer sure love it in the spring since it's the first thing green. I used a middlebuster one year before tilling, but it's not the same as plowing. I use buckwheat in the summer on parts of the garden not used, and that works well when it's warmer, but is sometimes harder to till under. I would be plowing a lot more rocks than you do, but it still is fun. As you can see I was playing around with the top link to see how it affected depth.

Attachments

• 100_0233.JPG
    100_0233.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 217
  • 100_0234.JPG
    100_0234.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_0235.JPG
    100_0235.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_0237.JPG
    100_0237.JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 184
   / Plowing #10  
How deep does your plow cut Milkman? Sure does look like it's doing a good job of plowing. Nicely flipped with little green showing. What will you plant?