What degreaser do you use?

/ What degreaser do you use? #11  
Ammonia and water in a spray bottle. Cheap and easy. Follow the directions on the jug. I get mine at the dollar store.

/ What degreaser do you use? #12  
Most of the purple type ( strong alkali ) cleaners will remove grease, but as Ductape states, it will dull/etch paint. No need to get expensive, just some diluted purple type on a rag, then rinse with water hose, not pressure washer. I like EB1 GUNK original better, basically just mineral spirits with an emulsifying agent to make it water rinseable, and it leaves a very thin film behind that doesn't attract dust. Some of the grease fitting manufacturers sell rubber grease fitting caps, with or without retaining tethers, if those can't be found; vacuum caps work ok. In the old days of straight enamels, farmers used to wash/wipe down the complete tractor iron/sheetmetal with kerosene, kept the tractors looking newer for longer.

/ What degreaser do you use? #13  
Do any and all of the above but wear a pair of coveralls when around the tractor. After leaving the area of the tractor and at least 20 feet away you can remove the coveralls, head protection as well as your footwear and you pass the grease free test as long as you keep your hands off everything!:D:D

/ What degreaser do you use?
Do any and all of the above but wear a pair of coveralls when around the tractor. After leaving the area of the tractor and at least 20 feet away you can remove the coveralls, head protection as well as your footwear and you pass the grease free test as long as you keep your hands off everything!:D:D

That's what I love about TBN, practical advice.;) Naked tractoring followed by a mineral spirits shower would also work I guess.:eek:

/ What degreaser do you use? #15  
I use brake clean a lot, but you have to be careful with your eyes, and paint.

I have also modified how I grease. I used to pump until it oozed out thinking that it pushes out dirt. Now I just do a couple pumps in the smaller cavities and call it good. You can hear and feel when it is about full. I clean off the zerk before and after greasing with a rag.

/ What degreaser do you use? #16  
When I do a general cleaning I use dawn in a bucket (strong solution) with my power washer. I do a low pressure rinse so I don't spread an globs of grease where I don't want them. For spot cleaning I use 95% alcohol in a spray bottle.

/ What degreaser do you use? #17  
As a kid I worked at an equipment rental yard; we used a product called Crownite 500 and it worked very well. Just spray it on with a fruit tree sprayer and let soak for a few minutes; pressure wash and the machine was spotless.
I have tried to find a source of it it but no joy. I could certainly use it on my tractor.

/ What degreaser do you use?
I continue to be amazed at the variety of approaches people have for degreasing or cleaning their tractors.

I expect we will soon hear from the Shammie Wow guy.:)