Maintenance Chart

/ Maintenance Chart #1  

rcrcomputing

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti ck30
Here is a maintenance Chart from Kubota, I'm thinking to adapt it to a generic chart. I'd be interested in comments on the various items. And whether you agree with either or why you think they differ. BTW, I want to hear from everyone, I'm just quoting the ones I have data on. The goal, in the end, is to upload a generic "changable" excel sheet to the forum.

Kubota Tractor USA - Quick Reference Schedule

It appears oil change is: Kubota Every 200 hours, when on Kioti it is every 100 hours.
Oil Filter is 200 hours on both (quite a bit of difference, I'd thought most did it at 100 hours)

Hydro Filter (The chart says hyd. Oil filter cleaning) huh? I guess that means changing it
Kubota 300 hours Kioti 200 hours.
Note: Kioti says drain the hydro to change the filter, then put oil in. Though it says nothing about changing the oil at this point.

hydro oil Kubota 300 hours Kioti 400 hours

Radiator Hose - Kubota 1 year, Kioti 200 hours

Toe-in Check Kubota 100 hours, Kioti 200 hours

Front Axel case oil - Kubota 300 hours, Kioti 400 hours

Clean fuel filter - Kioti Every 100 hours, Kubota Never?
Replace fuel filter - Kioti 400 hours, Kubota 300 hours.

Grease Kubota 100 hours - Kioti 50 hours. (Man do I overdo that one) :)

Fan Belt Kubuta 150 hours - Kioti 100 hours (probably doesn't matter)

Flush coolant system - Kubota 1 year, Kioti 2 years

Kioti also wants you to go a step further and replace these every 2 years.

Power steering hose
HST Oil line
Fuel Hose
Radiator hose

Last edited:
   / Maintenance Chart #2  
I think your chart would be great if you were servicing a fleet of tractors. I change all my fluids and filters once a year. I grease about every 25 hrs.I put on about 100 hours a year.
Bill

/ Maintenance Chart #3  
Well,the following is what really happens, nobody changes power steering line,hst line,fuel hose,raditiator hose,never,unless there is a leak in two years or even 10.

After 50 hour service,nobody changes front axil oil again,probably till its got close to 1,000 hours.No body replaces fan belt for at least 2-3 years unless its fraying.[maybe that was adjust?] Nobody even thinks about flushing raditiator till maybe 1,000 hours.Nobody ever checks toe in.

/ Maintenance Chart
I see. What about some of the others.. Like the oil change interval? Either of them based on any fact or do they just put something in the manual that sounds good?

/ Maintenance Chart
And who in the world would wait that long for a grease job. Heck, I grease about every 15 hours or less..

/ Maintenance Chart #6  
I just uploaded this for someone else... might as well post it here, too. The L2800 seems to differ from the online kubota one.

I just flushed the radiator after 4 years (because I saw it on TBN!!!) otherwise I would have forgotten about it like my van :eek:

/ Maintenance Chart #7  
And who in the world would wait that long for a grease job. Heck, I grease about every 15 hours or less..

Hahaha... yeah. I think they are probably gearing that more towards the tractor zerks like on the lift arm for the 3pt hitch or the brake pedal, etc. Items like a FEL or backhoe would probably be recommended to be greased every 8-10 hours.

/ Maintenance Chart
Ok, here's a redo easier to read and including a John Deere manual I found.

Oil Change -
JD - 200 hrs filter and oil
Kubota - 200 hours filter and oil
Kioti - 100 hrs oil - 200 hours filter
lk2800 - 100 hrs oil - 200 hours filter

Hydro Oil
JD - Dunno, someone chime in here and tell me
Kubota - 300 hours filter and fluid
Kioti - 200 hours filter 400 hours fluid
lk2800 - 200 hours filter 400 hours fluid

Front Axle Case Oil
JD -
Kubota - 300 hours
Kioti - 400 hours
lk2800 - 400 hours

Clean fuel Filter
JD - 200 hours - Replace 500 hours
Kubota - Never?? - Replace 300 hours
Kioti - 100 hours Replace 400 hours
lk2800 - 100 hours - Replace 400 hours

Grease Tractor
JD - 10 hours if really wet/muddy conditions otherwise 50 hours
Kubota - 100 hours
Kioti - 50 hours
lk2800 - 50 hours

Grease FEL and Backhoe - I need to find my manual - ya'll chime in on this one for me would you?
JD - hours
Kubota - hours
Kioti - hours
lk2800 - hours

Flush Coolant
JD - 2 years
Kubota - 1 years
Kioti - 2 years
lk2800 - 2 years

Replace Air Filter
JD - 500 hours
Kubota - 850 hours or 1 year
Kioti - dunno
lk2800 - 1 year

Grease type - per DieselPower - 5% Moly Grease

I will also need to get the lubricants in here at some point. From what I've read on TBN, You use Diesel Oil Rottella T or better and just about any heavy duty hydro oil will do.. Correct me if I'm wrong. I just want the lubes part to be short and sweet. ( not long winded)

/ Maintenance Chart #9  
Well,they should all be the same hours[basicly same desil motor],so if you change oil on one at 200 hours intervails than you should the rest to,etc.

And again,nobody is going to flush their coolent system in 100-200 hours. Book says every two years,but....