Conversion Factor

/ Conversion Factor #1  

RJS

Tractor
Kubota B7500DT
Anyone out there know the conversion factor from cubic feet
to cubic yards?

I'm trying to calculate how much gravel I need for a driveway project.

/ Conversion Factor #2  
There are 27 cubic feet in a cubic yard. 3x3x3=27./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Conversion Factor #3  
Divide cubic feet by 27.

3 feet x 3 feet x 3 feet = 27 cubic feet = 1 cubic yard

/ Conversion Factor #4  
There are 27 cubic feet in a cubic yard. so divide by 27.

Remember though that when you talk to the gravel yard they talk in "tons" mostly so make sure they know you want 4 YARDS of gravel and that they do the conversion to tons. You could do the conversion yourself but I've found it's easier to let them do it.

/ Conversion Factor
Thanks everyone!

I never was any good at math.

3 x 3 x 3 is pretty simple, I should have thought about that.

/ Conversion Factor #6  
For all things converted....mostly metric <==> imperial I usually refer to one of many web sites out there. Such as <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/conversions.html>Conversions</A>

They tend to be fairly useful.

Kevin

/ Conversion Factor #7  
As a side mention, Think of it like this as well. A mini wheeler dump truck holds approx. 18 cy of material. Materials like sand or crushed limerock are going to weigh somewhere around a ton per cy. Depending on water content and specific material.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>"Remember though that when you talk to the gravel yard they talk in "tons" mostly so make sure they know you want 4 YARDS of gravel and that they do the conversion to tons. You could do the conversion yourself but I've found it's easier to let them do it. "

/ Conversion Factor #8  
To figure out how many cubic yards of gravel your driveway needs try this. Take the length and multiply by the width, then multiply times the thickness. ( Remember that 6" equals 0.5",4" equals 0.33 and so on. ) Then divide the sum of all three measurements by 27 and you will have the number of cubic yards needed to do the whole drive.