Rotary Cutter clutch

/ Rotary Cutter clutch #11  
G'day back nuts right off and you will have no prob slipping the clutch to burnish the plates then tighten them up until they drive it may take a couple of goes to get it tight enough but you should know from experience of the machine how much it can handle before it used to slip and set it to about there this does not mean it just goes back to where it came from. Good luck:)

Jon

/ Rotary Cutter clutch #12  
That is a good idea, but how do you get them to slip? If I take the springs of, putting them back on might be a little difficult. I was thinking of taking all of them off ecept two, then give it a spin to slip the cluth.
Dave

If you do have to take the clutch apart, you'll most likely be doing it on the bench anyway.
Use 2 or 3 clamps equally spaced and start compressing the springs enough to get the nuts started. Then go by the torque chart for you HP rating. BTW, use PTO hp, not engine hp.

/ Rotary Cutter clutch #13  
Well thank you all for the insight. By the looks of thinges around here I might not even get to look at that rototiller for a couple of months. I just got my engine parts back from the machine shop, so I should be up and runing this weekend. The warden has a whole list of tractor things she wonts me to do, [big wheelbarrow]
Dave