FEL Float not working

/ FEL Float not working #1  

KevinMcD

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
My joystick had been sticking pulling the FEL out of float. Now the joystick won't stay in float. It seems to work if I keep pressure on the stick, but as soon as I release the stick it comes out of float. Is this a problem with the valve? Doing a search I found a thread about the FEL stuck IN float but my problem is the opposite. In that thread it was mentioned something about some plastic rings in the valve that get chewed up. And I am assuming the valve body is the "box" that the lines are connected to. I don't know much on the mechanics of hydraulics. I have a Kioti CK30HST with woods FEL. Any help would be appreciated. I didn't realize how convienent float was until I lost it. Thanks.
Kevin McD.

/ FEL Float not working #2  
Good Afternoon Kevin,
Im certainly not a hydraulics guy either ! But you did say that the float is working while you push your joy stick foward, This leads me to the opinion that your having some type of mechanical failure inside the valve body ! If you could get an exploded view of that valve and disassemble it Im willing to bet you will find your problem !

Of course thats coming from a mechanical guy ! ;)

/ FEL Float not working #3  
Most all of the detents are located on the bottom of the valve, and can be taken apart cleaned and maybe new parts installed. It will look like a cap about 1 to 2 in long. A lot of them use a spring and ball. Water could have got in and rusted, Gunk buildup., etc.There is some reference about sticking valves and cleaning on here somewhere. Do a search for detent.