What tractor?

/ What tractor? #1  

Johndeere3720

Padawan Tractor Learner, Advertiser
Tractor
Bobcat T62, MT55, E42R, E10, John Deere 4100
I have always been into tractors and am pretty good at drawing. I want to draw a picture of a tractor but am not sure which make/model to pick. any ideas, sugestions?

/ What tractor? #2  
There are so many, and none of them a bad looking tractor, that you could pick any and wind up with a pleasing picture. From brand shiny new on the dealer's lot to rusting away in the field where left, there's plenty of subject material. Some of my personal favorites: late 2U series Cat D8 with bulldozer and rear cable control; JD 3720; Oliver Super 55 and 550; any Farmall Cub, letter series, or hundred series; Ford 8N, NAA, 6xx, or 8xx; International wheatland W series; International TD crawlers; Minnie Mo G series; JD R, 80, 820, or 830; JD 440 crawler bulldozer or loader; AC HD 5, 9, 15, or 20, either bulldozer or loader; MF 1500 compact series; the list goes on and on. But you get the idea, you can't pick a bad 'un.

/ What tractor?
I need one. i cant draw a dealer. :) any certain one?

/ What tractor? #4  
I have always been into tractors and am pretty good at drawing. I want to draw a picture of a tractor but am not sure which make/model to pick. any ideas, sugestions?

pick one with well defined and easily recognized features.. IE.. some of the older ones.. .. like a jd letter series with spoked wheels.. or a classic ford.. etc.. or old ih witht he steering gear exposed like an unstyled JD.. etc.

soundguy

/ What tractor? #5  
I need one. i cant draw a dealer. :) any certain one?

I think you misinterpreted what I wrote. Basically, I'm saying,
1. Pick a tractor you like, wherever you find it.
2. Draw a picture of it.

/ What tractor? #6  
Old Farmalls are so very neat looking and have really distinctive features. I just love the look of a Farmall H or a Farmall Cub.

John Deere B's are neat too.

Something really cool would be a picture of a Silver King like this one.

Do you have anything in mind, new, old, big, small, specialty and odd or "normal" or for any particular application.

Attachments

• Plymouthsilverking.jpg
    Plymouthsilverking.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 133
   / What tractor? #7  
As far as srictly cosmetics go, two of my favorite looking tractors of all times are AC D21, and a MM G1000.

There are seceral others but IMHO those are what tractors are supposed to look like. But I'm kinda partial to the late 60's to early 80's 100+HP 2wd's.

/ What tractor? #8  
I like the AC-G tractor. I know that it was a small cultivator tractor, but the look is distinct. And it sure is bare to the bones.:D

/ What tractor? #9  
This must be a test. You want to "draw" a tractor and you need help deciding which one to draw? I don't get it. :confused:

/ What tractor?
Well, deciding is hard since they are all so cool. Maybe I can draw two, one old next to a new one. I prefer compact tractors.