Case IH 255 feels like clutch is slipping

/ Case IH 255 feels like clutch is slipping #1  

edcoinmd

Tractor
case ih 255
I bought a Case IH 255 4WD used and the guy said the clutch was bad.I had our tractor repair person take a look at it and the clutch is new,new pressure plate,and flywheel is okay.If I use low range it pulls okay,If I rake with it in high or meduim range it starts to slip or no power at all.Any ideas why?Thanks

/ Case IH 255 feels like clutch is slipping #2  
Did you have the clutch and pressure plate put in or was it replaced when you bought it. It sounds like you have a weak pressure plate or the clutch is improperly adjusted.
Bill

/ Case IH 255 feels like clutch is slipping
New clutch, pressure plate and flywheel machined.Repair person thought it might be the clutch pack ?

/ Case IH 255 feels like clutch is slipping #4  
Some flywheels have to be machined differently then a car or truck. You have the flat surface were the cluth plate grabes, then a second face or lip were the pressure plate bolts to. The distance between the two is critical. If the cluth plate surface was turned and not the pressure plate rim, your cluth will slip under load. Check with your dealer, to see if you have such a flywheel, and get the specs. Case IH uses steped flywheels a lot.

/ Case IH 255 feels like clutch is slipping #5  
New clutch, pressure plate and flywheel machined.Repair person thought it might be the clutch pack ?

I have the same problem. Did you find out what the problem was. I think the cable on mine going to the hydraulic actuator is broken.