Just bought a Ford 1600

/ Just bought a Ford 1600 #1  

Adirondaquer

Tractor
Ford 1600
After going back and forth with wifie on whether to buy a new machine or rent whenever I needed one, I ended up with a good compromise.

I ended up buying a used Ford 1600 that came with the FEL and an ARPS 728 backhoe. Nice machine for it's age. Love the sound of that diesel.

I'm wondering from those of you with older machines, where are the best places to buy parts online.

Is there a list of reasonable priced websites for this type of stuff?

What are your favorites?

<Edit - I just realized I probably should have posted this in the "Parts" section. Sorry about that.>

/ Just bought a Ford 1600 #2  
Hey good on you. I myself am a new to me Ford 1900 owner and loving it so far. I envy you for the backhoe, I could really use one and it will be on my number 1 list in the very near future. Any chance you could snap a few pics of the 1600 and post them?

/ Just bought a Ford 1600 #3  
Adirondaquer,
Congrats on your tractor and welcome to TBN ! As Giterdone pointed out we like the pics. It's all about the pics ! Can never have enough pics ! And as jimmyj suggested on his thread you gotta give her a name. Keep us updated and congrats again.

MissouriThunder

/ Just bought a Ford 1600
I'll get the camera out today and snap some pictures.

I was tooling around with it yesterday looking for things to dig up. I love it.

Man, I just love the smell of this old tractor.

Did a little digging...

IMG_4326-1.jpg

One of the first things I want to do is paint the backhoe unit Ford Blue like the rest of the tractor...

IMG_4329-1.jpg

IMG_4340-1.jpg

/ Just bought a Ford 1600 #9  
Nice looking tractor. In one of your pics it looks like the tractor rear wheels are off the ground and the stabilizer cylinders are fully extended. The recommended way to set up is to lower the stabilizers only far enough to transfer the weight of the rig from the rear wheels to the stabilizers. That will afford you the maximum digging depth while maintaining maximum stability. Similarly place the loader bucket flat on the ground and apply enough down pressure to transfer the weight of the rig to the bucket. Now you have the longest and widest (and safest) operating platform. Enjoy the rig!

/ Just bought a Ford 1600 #10  
Adirondaquer,
Yeaaaaaaah Baaaaaaby ! That's what I'm talking about. Love the pics. Dig, dig and dig. And when you think you can't dig anymore, reach down into your heart and dig a little more !!! I swear when these stupid Missouri rainstorms stop, I'll post some pics of my baby kubota diggin !!! Take care.

ps- Ridgewalker, I know you're loving this Missouri weather. :) :) :)

MissouriThunder