Thinking Of My Friends

/ Thinking Of My Friends #1  

Spencer

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC33D w/R4 Tires, Rear Remote, Hydraulic Toplink, 2 Auxiliary Work Lights, 7308 Loader w/Kasco Uni-Hitch (Quick Tach)
Well I spent about 10 hours on the tractor today. I’m in the final stages of clearing the land for my pole barn. I found myself thinking about a lot of my friends on TBN that may not even know they are my friends.

Golfgar4: I was thinking that you would probably love to spend a few hours on my tractor clearing the topsoil. That would have given me a few hours to get some of that pesky non-tractor related stuff done. By the way, Wisconsin is my third favorite state. My home state of Michigan is first of course. Minnesota is my second favorite; there are only a couple of months in the winter that I don’t care to go there. I have done quite a lot of work in Wisconsin and have always enjoyed the scenery and the people.

Jim Gerken: I love your personnel lift and spent quite a bit of time today designing one in my head. Hopefully I will get a chance to build one in time to use it for the construction of my pole barn. I loaded an 18-foot trailer 5 times with brush about a month ago and thought about you and your grapple all that day. Keep up the good work!

Wroughtn_Harv: I plan on using a couple of your ideas. Since I have a Kasco Switch-Hitch I plan on making my version on Jim Gerken's personnel lift one that will mount in the Switch-Hitches 2” receiver. I’ve seen some of the great stuff you have done with 2” receivers and seeing as how I have one for both the front and the back of my tractor I should never run out of projects to make. We talked a while back about that slick boom pole with the winch you have for your skid steer. Now that I got my boom pole for my Switch-Hitch I have been looking around for a deal on a winch. I wish I wasn’t so far away from your place, I would love to spend a day or two just watching you do what you do.

MikePA: You asked me a couple of weeks ago to measure my hoses for my hydraulic toplink. I haven’t forgotten about you, I’ll try to get to it soon.

Muhammad & Ibrahim: What a great site you have provided here. When I am not on the road working I am a stay at home Dad taking care of my 19-month-old daughter. This site has helped me a great deal. It’s nice to interact with other adults even if it is virtually. It’s my understanding that Ibrahim does the software programming for the site. I must say that this is the user-friendliest site I have ever visited. Great Job both of you!

Mchalkley: I am sure you could have put me and my little NH TC33D to shame today. It probably would have taken you a tenth of the time to do what I did today with your Earthforce. But then again, the project would already be done and what fun would that be.

Bird: I know you don’t have a compact tractor anymore but we all still think of you and appreciate all your knowledge. I’m glad you still are a big part of TBN.

Blurrybill: That’s a beautiful piece of property you got there. I look forward to seeing some action shots of you and your new tractor out there in a few weeks. I love the username “Blurrybill”, if you have explained the origin of it somewhere I missed it. I don’t know why but I just like it. I especially liked the grassy paths (lanes) you made through the woods out there. I think of them often as I am tearing up my muddy paths through my woods. I hope they hold up to your tires.

Rancar: I hope things dry out for you soon so you can put that beautiful tractor and all those implements to work.

Well I took some pictures of my new boom pole mounted to my Switch-Hitch so I am going to go make a new post about that.

/ Thinking Of My Friends #2  
Spence,

<font color=blue>Rancar: I hope things dry out for you soon so you can put that beautiful tractor and all those implements to work.</font color=blue>

Thanks for thinking of me....unfortunately, as I type this it's raining again in my neck of the woods /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif. Never have I seen so much rain in the past three weeks. I'll have to wait awhile longer to test out my forks on stump pulling (something I bought primarily after reading your extensive discussion threads on stump pulling....which I appreciated greatly/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif).

So good to hear you're making progress on the land for the pole barn construction. I look forward to seeing pics of the barn in different stages of construction.

Work smart....work fast, but safely.

Bob

/ Thinking Of My Friends #3  
<font color=blue>"Golfgar4: I was thinking that you would probably love to spend a few hours on my tractor clearing the topsoil."</font color=blue>

Hey, Spence!

Thanks for the thoughts! It's funny you should mention that today. I was on my way to play golf today (beautiful 84 degrees, slight breeze - unfortunately the breeze always seemed to be going in the same direction as my slice /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif) and I decided to go out of my way by about 6 miles and drive past the NH dealer. Weeeelllllll, there were a bunch of boomers sitting outside, so I stopped and started climbing around on them! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Man, that TC35D sure fits nice!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Anyway, here I am sitting on this tractor (no, I wasn't making any tractor noises.......right then anyway!/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif), when who drive by but two of the guys I'm supposed to play golf with! /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif They see me sitting there, so they turn around and pull into the lot. They pile out of the car laughing like crazy, and yelling things like "Where do you hang your clubs on that thing?", and "Make sure you're around if I go in sand trap - you can dig me out!"

Well, I have to admit at first I was a bit embarrased, but then I started getting a little ticked off. I said that my buddies on TBN would never rag on a guy because of something he enjoyed doing outside of their particular area of interest!

Well, to make a long story short, it made for a very interesting round of golf. All I can say is vengence is sweet. I cleaned their clocks! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I won't disagree with your choices of favorite states, but I might put them in a slightly different order! I'd probably add Colorado too. I lived in Greeley for a few years as a kid while my Dad worked in Wyoming. Really liked it out there!

Well, again thanks for thinking of me. I'm honored that you would consider me as a friend. There are some really wonderful people associated with TBN, and you certainly have no shortage of choices! Good luck with your projects, and keep us posted on your progress. Remember, we like pictures - LOTS of pictures! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Thinking Of My Friends #4  
spence: glad u got so many hours on the tractor. it finally dried up enough for me to get 3 hours on to start grading the septic system i had put in last fall. been so much rain here this spring , 1st chance i got to work on it, ground was packed hard for all the snow and rain. thank god for the toothbar.

/ Thinking Of My Friends #5  
Spence you made my day. I had a good day. It just started out a little early for a Sunday and lasted longer than it should have.

But I read your post this morning and it's caused a grin to last all day you couldn't remove with a jackhammer and some determination.

I'm sure you would have some fun around the place. I know I would love having you drop in.

/ Thinking Of My Friends #6  
Spencer, 10 hours a day is usually plenty./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Glad you're enjoying it, and glad you consider me among your friends.

/ Thinking Of My Friends #7  
Spence,

I'm really flattered by your comments. Thanks for including me in your thoughts. Like Rancar, your posts on the forks really got me thinking and he and I shared comments about which direction to go. I spent most of the weekend on the Land; it was hot but cool and comfortable on the lane you liked so much. Like you, I have really enjoyed getting to know, albeit from a distance, fellow TBN members. Posts like yours add to the comraderie and developing friendships that are so important. Keep the posts coming - I really enjoy reading about your innovations. And, I count you as a friend.

Bill