Got a little too brave with my new BX...

/ Got a little too brave with my new BX... #1  

rexcramer

Silver Member
Tractor
Case 580C
My new BX2360 was delivered on Friday, and it is the first SCUT I have ever driven. I LOVE the smooth power steering and the hydraulics are faster than I thought they would be. I operate some very large equipment for a living, including 345 Cat excavators and 988 Cat loaders, so this will take a little getting used to.

Anyways some pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

OK now this is less than five minutes after the dealer leaves. I decided to take the kid for a ride through the trails and over estimated the 4WD a bit. The main problem though was the back blade does not go very high and made one helluva anchor. Of course this is when my whole family comes over to check the new machine out lol
attachment.php

Love the machine though:D

Attachments

• l_bb01f77a1bd14643a3e6e0bb73b03355.jpg
    l_bb01f77a1bd14643a3e6e0bb73b03355.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 3,274
  • 102_3126 (Small).JPG
    102_3126 (Small).JPG
    80 KB · Views: 2,535
  • 102_3127 (Small).JPG
    102_3127 (Small).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 2,477
   / Got a little too brave with my new BX... #2  
Hey you got to find out the limits on that thing don't you? Just tell the family you did that on purpose. Now you can use the FEL to push or pull you out of the pit.. Having the back blade on well next time you might need a hydraulic tilt put on it by then.

/ Got a little too brave with my new BX... #7  
The main problem though was the back blade does not go very high and made one helluva anchor.
That looks like a nice rig.

Is it possible that you could have temporarily shortened the 3pt top link way up to get some extra altitude out of the back blade?

/ Got a little too brave with my new BX... #8  
Looks to me like a stout chain and that big yellow one in the first picture is your next move.

Then a bath for the poor thing.

/ Got a little too brave with my new BX... #9  
Wombat125,
OK, this is getting crazy. I viewed your profile and you're from Denver which is my hometown. Get out of here. We owned a house in Montbello for six years when I was stationed at Buckley Air Force Base. Graduated from GHS in 84. Are you a Colorado native ???

MissouriThunder

/ Got a little too brave with my new BX... #10  
You should have made up a story about one of your kids doing this....:D