All in a days work

/ All in a days work #1  

NH-Rob

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7510HSD(sold) B3200(new 6/15/09)
I normally work directly on the farm and don't get and do a lot of field work but I ended up spreading some manure at one of our off site fields and thought you might enjoy some pics.
The first one shows the spreader we are using while we wait for our new one to come in. It is going to be even bigger. The next two give you an idea of what the field looks like.

Attachments

• DCFC0026.JPG
    DCFC0026.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 230
  • DCFC0037.JPG
    DCFC0037.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 160
  • DCFC0032.JPG
    DCFC0032.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
   / All in a days work
I was almost finished spreading the lower fields and only had a small field up on high ground where manure was piled up to do. I loaded up the spreader and headed off. I made one pass and looked back up at the bucket tractor that I was using to load the spreader and saw it was on FIRE! I dashed back up top jumped out of the tractor and started to run towards the fire but soon relized it was too late and ended up calling 911. The FD got there preaty fast but as you can see it was too late.
The fire started on top of the right hand steps and stayed in the opperators area. I don't think the engine got too hot but the tractor will be a loss anyway. You can not see the right hand steps because I removed them to get the batteries out. In the third pic the battery box cover is on what is left of the seat.

Attachments

• DCFC0029.JPG
    DCFC0029.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 149
  • DCFC0028.JPG
    DCFC0028.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 201
  • DCFC0027.JPG
    DCFC0027.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 199
  • DCFC0030.JPG
    DCFC0030.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 221
   / All in a days work
After all of the excitement ended I chizel plowed the fields with the same tractor that was on the spreader. Secound pic shows plow in action from inside the tractor. The 3rd shows the fields as I was plowing.
Thats it for now,
Rob

Attachments

• DCFC0034.JPG
    DCFC0034.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 111
  • DCFC0036.JPG
    DCFC0036.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 113
  • DCFC0035.JPG
    DCFC0035.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 88
   / All in a days work #4  
It's always something! What caused the fire?

/ All in a days work #5  
Sorry about the loss of the tractor. :(
That new speader hitch to the new tractor going to look sharp tho. :)
Glad you able to get some seat time and njoy the weather...raining hard here now.

/ All in a days work #6  
Realy sorry about the tractor!! Glad no one or other machinery were hurt.
NH is an amazing state, everything from oceans to mountains and most everything inbetween, thanks for taking and sharing the pictures.

One thing I think about where I live is how is it possible to farm with all the rocks we've got. I'm thinking your soil can not be anywhere near as rocky as mine, the first farmer would've given up I would think.

Looking forward to your thoughts on how the fire started.

I'll be looking for a small extinguisher to mount on my tractor.

Sincerely,
Joel

/ All in a days work #7  
Yowsa! Sorry to see the tractor burned. If you ever find out why it happened let us know.

Nice spreader! That's almost as big as the ones they use in on Parliament and Capital Hill!

/ All in a days work #8  
oh man ! another good tractor down the drain. Good thing you were off the tractor at the time. What caused it anyway ?

/ All in a days work #9  
Thats terrible, The tractor looks fairly new too. At least no one got hurt. Any ideas what caused the fire?

/ All in a days work #10  
First, what is your disconnect? You go out and find your tractor on fire and then you go back to work? I would be in tears. You are a far better man than me.

All kidding aside, sorry for the loss.

So maybe you can buy it back from insurance. Damage might include the tranny but looks like dash and loader controls. Given NH lovely winters you got yourself a good project.