Default Hello new and a question about a IH 3414

Hello
    I am new here to this forum and I have a question, my dad has a International 3414 that needs a carb. The tractors serial # is "600791" does anyone know what year this may be, and can the carbs be rebuilt fairly easily or are they better off junked the tractor has set outside for a few years with no hood or cover on and that is here in Illinois, not the best weather. The # on the carb is 3228 and its a Zenith OEM. I would like to get it running but he is thinking of just getting rid of it. Thanks mike

Default Re: Hello new and a question about a IH 3414

has set outside for a few years with no hood or cover
    was there an air cleaner over the top of the carb.? If not and rain/snow was allowed to enter the carb...you may want to make sure the engine will even turn over (by hand) before spending any time/money on the engine...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

I didn't mention, but yes the air cleaner was in place and no the engine isn't froze up. He had it running a few years ago. He even put new rear tires on it but then left it outside, mainly because of no room to put it in.

Tractor
    Kubota b6200D & International Harvester 3414.

Sorry for being gone so long but yes I would say that is the carb. I think dad wants to sell the tractor now I wish I knew for sure. Thanks mike

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2006 Kama554; 92 Belarus 250AS

You can still get a kit for that carburetor or have a shop rebuild it. For example:
    Carburetors for Industrial and Farm
    2006 Kama 554, 92 Belarus 250AS, Bombardier Outlander Max 400.