Oil & Fuel Ventless fuel cans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Ventless fuel cans... #1  

The Dougster

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800
I have read others complaints about these new fuel can designs... I too wish the Gov. would stop trying to protect me... :rolleyes:
Has anyone made any modifications to their existing fuel cans to make poring faster/easier?
I've been thinking about this problem and what comes to mind is putting a tire valve stem/schrader valve with a good removable cap on one of my cans as an experiment... tap a hole and hold it in place with JB Weld (one example)..
Any thoughts on this? Has anyone made any changes?

/ Ventless fuel cans... #2  
I have read others complaints about these new fuel can designs... I too wish the Gov. would stop trying to protect me... :rolleyes:
Has anyone made any modifications to their existing fuel cans to make poring faster/easier?
I've been thinking about this problem and what comes to mind is putting a tire valve stem/schrader valve with a good removable cap on one of my cans as an experiment... tap a hole and hold it in place with JB Weld (one example)..
Any thoughts on this? Has anyone made any changes?

I know you and I will probably be lambasted by more safety conscious members, but I like your idea of "self venting" a newer fuel can. These are a pain to pour. They are slow. Was there really that much of a problem with the old blitz cans with the snap vent in the back? My favorite can is still one of the old blitz cans where the spout drops back into the can. I just pull the spout out, pour gas in the mower, and then push the spout back in.

I assume you will remove the valve out of the valve stem. I don't think you'd have enough pressure differential to actually open the schrader valve.

/ Ventless fuel cans... #3  
I would think a valve stem with the rubber on each mounting surfacre would do .with the valve removed of cource.
I think most of use drill the hole and usae a screw to plug it

/ Ventless fuel cans... #4  
These socalled ventless cans are dangerous in my opinion. When I opened one up the other day the cap blew off in my face, plus the fumes knocked my socks off. I've seen cans so bulged out they can't stay upright! And spill proof--Ha!

/ Ventless fuel cans...
Or a golf tee? LOL

Maybe I'm complicating the issue? :eek:

/ Ventless fuel cans... #6  
i have no ventless cans.

they all manage to find themselves vented shortly after they come home ...odd how that happens.

I too wish the Gov. would stop trying to protect me from me
fixed it for ya. (im kinda fond of my police and military protection)

/ Ventless fuel cans... #7  
You often get the feeling that these burrocraps never have to actually have to use the products that they design/mandate....

/ Ventless fuel cans... #8  
I got plenty of the old ones,and one new one,and just use the new one for storage in winter for my welder/generator.

Those old plastic gas and desil jugs I have are now more valuable than I could have ever thought.

Yeah,safety stuff is great if you need it,but,kinda like the can't mow in reverse switch on a lawn mower,wearing hard hats in the middle of woods[and you ain't cutting timber],wearing gloves on a job when generally all you touch is a pen and paper,wearing safety googles over glasses than a full face shield over all that,not being able to go up a ladder more than 4 feet with out being tied off [and your lanyard is 6 ft long],stripping off to your under ware to do a pee test,grinder guards,ear plugs if you don't need them,I could go on.

Big brother is our master,we have no say,[but they are still manageing to make 80 percent of us think we do!]

/ Ventless fuel cans... #9  
Come up to Canada:D

You can still get vented cans here (vent is built into the nozzel, but it works excellent). Or order the vented type nozzels and have them shipped.

Attachments

• 0283011_1.jpeg
    0283011_1.jpeg
    3.4 KB · Views: 180
   / Ventless fuel cans... #10  
Those cans su**. Even though I am an engineer I ashamed that the EPA professes to hie engineers. That stupid thingie that slides up and down the nozzle must have been designed by committee. One that uses electric lawn mowers.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.