Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L1-20 DT

Default Re: Length of battery cables??

Gareth

You're from South Africa.

Hey come along and register. I need some non-US support on TBN. We are few are far between !!

Cheers

Gareth,
    I ran cables down the frame of my truck to connect my winch to the rear hitch. Welding cable is what I used. I picked that because it is so flexible. Any "type" cable should be fine as long as it is the correct size.

Tractor
    2001 TN65, 1951 8N Ford

I don't know what wire sizing system you use in S.Africa but there should be a wire size printed or cast in the insulation. Here in the US it would say something like 2/0 AWG for American Wire Gauge. Does your cables have something like that near where it says 1000 volt welding wire?

i fitted the new cables and she crankes like a petrol engine, thanks for all the info. she cranks fast but doesn't want to start and i think it is because air got into the system somehow when i tried to start her with the old battery cables, had very little diesel in the tank! i tried to bleed her now and one of the screws broke off so i just spent about an hour getting it out!!
    when does the torment end???

regards

gareth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12