Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: washing a tractor

I pretty frequently washed my B2710, engine and all (anywhere I could spray water, except the air intake and instrument panel), and I opened that plugged port once or twice, but never had a drop come out.

Do all Kubotas have those ports?

Tractor
    B6100D Kubota

If we're talking about the same port/plug, then, according to the service tech i go to, this is used when you are crossing streams fairly often. It allows the clutch housing to drain. Keep it on if you're not gonna cross water, off if you do. Don't know if he was right, but made sense to me.

<font color=blue>Do all Kubotas have those ports?</font color=blue>

I don't know. I don't recall the B7100 having it, and if it did, I don't guess I ever opened it. I just remember seeing that in the B2710 manual, so I checked it.

I'm good at keeping the maintance up, but not so good at keeping my vechiles, and equipment washed.

I use to use my pressure washer once in a while on my tractors, but useing a "High volume" of water sure does a lot better job, and i think it's easier on the paint ect..

Lately i've been useing a fire hose and nozzle, pumping the water out of my pond for the water source. It really does a great job to get the mud ect. off, but it doesn't sound like you guys actually get any mud on your tractors.

I washed my dozer the other day, and did a couple tractors today. Check it out.
    Robert

http://www.fototime.com/{0BF92A23-5553-4A7A-A543-5F5BC25F7EE6}/picture.JPG

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2910

I'll have to check that out, I have washed the entire machine including the engine a number of times and did not realize there was something to drain afterwards!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12