Ford tractor identification help!!

/ Ford tractor identification help!! #1  

jmoe425

Tractor
ford?????
I recently acquired a non running Ford tractor. I was told it was a 1975 3000. i have gotten running and have very little money in it. I'm fixing to paint and clean it up some. My question is that I don't realy know whati t is. It does not have the serial# under the hood or the #stamped in the bell housing behind the starter. If I read the engine # right it is a 1965 model. Here are the #'s I have.

Motor: C5NE 6015

Trans: C5NN 7006Z

it has the 3cyl Diesel with a hi-lo 6speed. the headlight are inside the front grill.

any help would be appreciated.

/ Ford tractor identification help!! #2  
I recently acquired a non running Ford tractor. I was told it was a 1975 3000. i have gotten running and have very little money in it. I'm fixing to paint and clean it up some. My question is that I don't realy know whati t is. It does not have the serial# under the hood or the #stamped in the bell housing behind the starter. If I read the engine # right it is a 1965 model. Here are the #'s I have.

Motor: C5NE 6015

Trans: C5NN 7006Z

it has the 3cyl Diesel with a hi-lo 6speed. the headlight are inside the front grill.

any help would be appreciated.

I can believe it doesn't have the tag under the hood. I'm not buying the part about no numbers stamped on the starter boss. Find and post those numbers. The info you have posted are casting numbers which are of no help. It is likely either a 2000 or 3000, probably of British or Belgian origin.

/ Ford tractor identification help!!
I have checked the hood carefully. I had it off while I replaced the head gasket. The tractor appears to have been painted a couple of times. As for the #s on the bell housing by the starter. It is completly smooth. I don't know why but it is. I would not have posted this if I had these #s

/ Ford tractor identification help!! #4  
I'm guessing that the numbers are there but have been painted over, may need to take a wire brush to it and slowly and gently remove the paint. The original numbers weren't stamped in all that deeply anyway.

/ Ford tractor identification help!! #5  
Just behind the starter and up a few inches should be a flat spot that is horizontal and there will be at least 3 sets of numbers. If you find the flat spot but can't read then number they may have been painted or a wore pretty bad. I had to take some wd-40 to read mine. The other thing you can try is use the paper and pencil trick. Put the paper over the plate where the numbers should be and then rub the pencil over it to pull up the numbers.
3 cyl puts it in the after 1965 range.

Wedge

I'll try it again. I'm in the process of geting it ready for paint. I'll spray that area with some paint stripper and see what i can find. It may be a couple of days befor I check back. Thanks for the advice.:)

/ Ford tractor identification help!! #7  
wire brush may help too. or paint stripper on a rag and rub over it briskly to remov ethe paint onthe high parts and leave color inthe low parts.

soundguy

I fianally found the #'s They were on top of the starter boss. I was looking on the side. But I still can not make much sense of them. The top set was pitted pretty bad. So here is what I think they are.

6C46B
D16
p*823741*

* = Star

I took a wire brush and used a magnifing glass. If it helps the block appears to have been red or burnt orange originally. So it may have been a state tractor or something. :confused:

/ Ford tractor identification help!! #9  
6c46b is a structured like a date code but it has to have a first number of 1-2-3.

6c = marc 1966 B = day shift. the 2 digit number is day of week.. so might be 16 or 26.

the D16 might have bene the start of a model number.. D is for a post 68 4000.. which doesn't jive with the 66 date code.. unless you read it wrong.. ie.. 0C ( mar-70 )

The P *###* is likely a sn.. but would probably start with a C or B.. B would be a basildon ( english ) serial number.

post some pics... especially of the rear axle and the front axle.

a 3000 wil have outboard dry brakes and a light duty front with radius rods... a 4000 will have a hd front end and inboard wet brakes with bulges right at the center housing to accomodate the inboard equipment.. whereas the 3000 has standard trumpets that suck up to the rear center housing. ) ( A 4000SU will have the light front end of a 3000 ).

lets see them pics and help you id this beast.

soundguy

/ Ford tractor identification help!! #10  
It's very doubtful that its a 1975. Those part numbers of the castings are 1965 design level parts. By 1975 I'm pretty sure that the 6-speed was gone.

The date code begins with the year within the decade, so it could be '65 or '75, and "C" would be March, but there is no 46th day of any month.

I'm with soundguy, pics will definitely help.