Kubota B6100E

/ Kubota B6100E #11  
"Any suggestions for what I need?"

That could be a 20-40,000 dollar question. And possibly hire some work out and getting something simpler to maintain it. But I would reccomend something like a B2910 with a front end loader, four drive 18-22 pto hp minimum. For cleaning and maintaining that much land I would not want to give up 4 wheel drive, hydrostatic drive, or a fel (front end loader). What kind of terrain do you have, hills make for stability issues. I'd say start a new post in buying pricing, describe your land, location and budget and you will get lots of help on how to spend money. Check tractordata.com for info by make and model, and check tractorhouse.com for used pricing info.

Last edited:
   / Kubota B6100E #12  
As an alternative, you might want to rent a larger tractor with a cutter to mow the first time. Then your tractor with a rotary cutter might keep it under control, done regularly. Also, as to the size of your mower, your owners manual may tell you the maximum weight of a mower on the three point. Because the center of gravity is so far back, the maximum would be quite a bit less than at the pins. Good luck, have fun, and be safe.

/ Kubota B6100E #13  
Any suggestions for what I need?

I take care of my 5 acres, and my Dad mows his 7.5 acres with my tractor. In fact I need to take my tractor down there today... Also move stuff for my wife's numerous garden beds, pull brush ect.

My B8200 is a great size tractor for it, but is under powered(it is the same size as a B2910, but is older, 1985 and only 19hp). The size, maneuverability ect is perfect. I just wish it had 25-30hp to run run a 5' mower, and run it well.

My wife and I have been discussing this. If we were to upgrade, something the size of the larger Kubota "B" series would work out great. Maybe a Deere 4310, or NH TC29. I base this, on my B8200 doing most everything fine but climbing our drive under a load, and mowing. Field mowing uses PTO power, that my 15hp PTO does not provide in abundance.

I really like my Kubota, but would consider the other brands. Some of the Massey's and Mahindra's of the same size look nice too.

For 10+ acres, I would seriously consider a Kubota "L" series tractor too. There is one locally, a L2950 for sale. Again, I like Kubota's, but would look at and try the other brands too.

I really like my HST tranny, but for mowing large fields a gear tranny works perfect and is usually less expensive. I would definitely keep the 4x4, loader, and I love my TnT.

I have worked with a lot of tractors. Hydro, gear, Kubota's "glide shift". Small tractors. Skid steers. I love my HST tranny, but spent a fair amount of time on a buddies Massey withe a shuttle shift. That tranny worked easy enough. The best, was the ASV RC30 and Cat 247 tracked loaders; they worked off joysticks; the entire tractor was electric joystic driven.

My "Must Haves" for another tractor:
TnT
Loader
Power Steering
R4's
5' mower

My "Nice to Have::
HST
clam shell "4 in 1" loader bucket