Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

Default Re: FEL Downpressure on L3010

i agree! when back dragging with fel if i put to much down pressure , the fel will raise the front off the ground while i am going backwards, losing the drive of the front wheels.something don't seem right? he should be able to lift that with no problem.

Emailed Kub yesterday w\concerns on fel. A tech rep called by afternoon. He said because of the reduced fluid volume on the piston side there is normally less down force - enough to hold when bucket is curled and enough to lift slowly but not enough to pop the front end up quickly w\boom. This is due to the loaders geometry which requires ample counter weight in the rear. I did not load the tires and I'm only running a 375lb box scraper in the rear. My backhoe is going on next week; that should be sufficient. Lifting force is all there so I'm not concerned. Bucket curl will raise front end when necessary. I'll post after backhoe is on.
    JIM

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3240HST, KX-121-3S

Jim -- Which backhoe did you opt for? I put a Woods 7500 on my L3010 a month ago and absolutely love it!

Pete

Great Bend 752 -- same as bush hog and probably some others. Great price, w\pto pump and sub-frame, from a dealer in plainfield CT (westview tractors). And it's Kub. orange.
    JIM

Tractor
    02 Kubota L-4610 HST w/4in1 bucket & R-4s

I have a 4610 and it will cleanly lift the front end, no curling of the bucket required. I had a 2900 previously and it wouldn't lift the front end for love or money but I could however curl the bucket and the front end would come up very easily then.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7360SS & Craftsman GT3000 23 HP w/50

The FEL down pressure will easily lift the front end of my Cub Cadet 7360..... makes it very easy to change the flat tire. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Hmm... I wonder if I can use jackstands and the TPH to raise the rear end? But that wouldn't help remove the (loaded) tire once its undone. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12