Grille Guard Or Not

/ Grille Guard Or Not #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Well, I guess the question is... To guard a grille, or not.
My dealer has tried to talk me out of a grille guard for my new B7500, but I'm not so sure. Although the loader adds a nice tubular bumber in front, I think I'd like a little added protection.
What has experience taught all of you? Is it worth $90 to add the guard? I hate to find out the hard way. Your thoughts would help. Thank you.

/ Grille Guard Or Not #2  
The first time you lift soemthing with a chain from the FEL and it swings back into th grill or hood. The $90.00 for the grill guard eill seem cheap.

/ Grille Guard Or Not #3  
If you can't build a superior guard yourself, and get it on before you use the machine, buy the thing.
Grill guards were invented for a lot of good reasons, like pulling up to truck beds, and swinging loads, and "aw crap I knew I shouldn't a done that" along with "it ain't my tractor, why shold I care".

/ Grille Guard Or Not #4  
I have a B7500 and I have a grill guard on it. It is nice that you have something to ease against other than the grill or hood of the tractor. Plus I have a counter weight hanging from it. I made the weight and it weights 55 lb.

/ Grille Guard Or Not #5  
Grille Guard Grille Guard Grille Guard GrilGrille Guard Grille Guard Grille Guard Grille Guard Grille Guard Grille Guard Grille Guard Grille Guard Grille Guard Grille Guard Grille Guard Grille Guard Cow Catcher!

/ Grille Guard Or Not #6  
Awwwww Sh*&%^$#@! The heck with the grille guard cow catcher, now I need to find a screen for my B7500's air filter intake! Both of neighbor's John Deere's keep getting caught in my air cleaner!

/ Grille Guard Or Not #7  
Next time as they are running circles around you, do not suddenly drive forward!

/ Grille Guard Or Not #8  
Get the grill guard. The extra protection is nice but I think it looks really cool. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ Grille Guard Or Not #9  
Go to the cusomization and look at "brush guard that works" . Has save me many times.

/ Grille Guard Or Not #10  
Robertm,
Grill guards fall in to the "rather have one and not need it, than to need it and not have one" category. There are a few other "tools" that fall into this area also.
Nick