Ballast Filling tires on a SCUT

/ Filling tires on a SCUT #11  
Little confused here. Read many threads about the need and improvement of filling your tires for the 2305, BXs, and GCs if doing any work with the FEL. Don't you buy these machines mainly for mowing and not having a heavy tractor on your lawn? Doesn't filling the tires defeat this purpose? I guess some don't mow with these small tractors but most do. Confused.
I'm not one that goes along with the fillem crowd.
I have 3 BXs an nary a filled tire anywhere.

I bought a BX2350 and also resisted filling my tires because I was worried about what it would do to the mowing.
1*I finally got tired of how unstable it was when using the FEL and got the tires filled.
I should have done it from day 1.
It is so much more stable. Does it mash the grass down a little more? Maybe, I really can't tell for sure. The only downside I have found is when I was driving down the road the other day at full speed, the fluid was kind of flopping around and making the ride a little bouncy. But I rarely do that so it's no big deal.
1*None of my unfulled BXs are unstable.

So, being a new PROUD BX2660 owner, what does it run to have the tires filled on a BX... ballpark. 2*I have a Kubota ballast box coming, and am thinking of putting some pvc sleeves in for yard tool handles, but then filling it with concrete for maximum mass.
2*Why in the world would a BX need a ballast box and filled tires both????:confused:??

I didn't buy my BX24 mainly for mowing, it having a MMM was a bonus. I use my tractor on my small 7 acre horse farm and right now, wouldn't want anything different (unless a good deal came my way for a new BX25!). I would never attempt some of the things I do with my tractor without the tires filled. I do mow my yard occasionally with my tractor but also with my garden tractor. I cut my horse pastures with my BX24 also.
As you can see from the pictures I can use many attachments on these tractors.
The fact is all the implements work fine with out a one of the twelve tires being filled.

/ Filling tires on a SCUT #12  
As you can see from the pictures I can use many attachments on these tractors.
The fact is all the implements work fine with out a one of the twelve tires being filled.

Good for you! No need to respond to my post, the OP asked the question not me! Thank goodness, you forgot to attach the same pictures that we have seen many times.

/ Filling tires on a SCUT #13  
... Why in the world would a BX need a ballast box and filled tires both?

Ummmm..........well............... I reread my post and I just can't find where I said I'd do both ballast and fill the tires. I was looking at the options.

/ Filling tires on a SCUT #14  
Little confused here. Read many threads about the need and improvement of filling your tires for the 2305, BXs, and GCs if doing any work with the FEL. Don't you buy these machines mainly for mowing and not having a heavy tractor on your lawn? Doesn't filling the tires defeat this purpose? I guess some don't mow with these small tractors but most do. Confused.

Can't speak for others, but....

I'm 150 hours in and only 3 have been mowing - and that was just to see how it did. Still have old lawn tractor that cuts just fine - the BX MMM was simply to convince the DW that when the LT finally died, I could also mow with the BX for the rest of our lives.

That said - if the LT does finally die, I will probably replace it with another. Turns out to be very handy to have both....

The BX is my Special Projects tool - the list of which continues to grow so that I rush through the mowing drudgery to get to the cool dirt work.

As far as the weight when mowing - if you don't have a manicured golf course lawn, the filled weight doesn't seem to hurt anything - both what I notice and what I've read here....