Mowing wedding mowing suggestions?

/ wedding mowing suggestions? #11  
Just don't ask the GROOM to walk in circles. I recall my wedding. I was so nervous I woulda got dizzy and passed out if I had to walk in a circle...

Oh, and about your signature.... I remember a kid I had when I coached my sons little league baseball team years ago. I sprung that "There's no "I" in team" thing on him. Do you know what the little rascal came back with? "Well, there's THREE of 'em in MILLIONAIRE pops..." Whatta you say to something like that????? :eek:

Take his name and call him in about 20 years...

/ wedding mowing suggestions? #12  
Don't DO IT!!!!!! Then the groom won't have to give 70% of his stuff away in 5 years. Ask me how I know. :mad:

/ wedding mowing suggestions? #13  
Take his name and call him in about 20 years...

Well....The "kid" is 38 now, and a member at the same country club that I belong to....He's made a small fortune on commercial real estate.

/ wedding mowing suggestions? #14  
Well....The "kid" is 38 now, and a member at the same country club that I belong to....He's made a small fortune on commercial real estate.

Well OK then, call him now!!!

/ wedding mowing suggestions? #15  
I would sharpen up the blades on the brush hog and mow the whole area a little more often, only cutting an inch or two off the tops of the grass each time. I would overseed and start mowing with the Cub in the area where the tent and any other ceremony-related stuff will be. You can't need more than a quarter acre for the chairs, tent, isle, etc. and that wouldn't take too long to mow at 44"/pass.

OK, what I would do in real life is wake up one morning and say a string of bad words as I realize that I need my pasture to look a little nicer than a hay field in just a few days. Then I would drink a pot of coffee and make a plan. Then I would start mowing, only to realize that my plan could not possibly work. I would then begin work on my modified plan.

In the end, as long as there aren't big clumps of grass and it's not too hard to walk on, everyone is going to be happy. After all, no one is coming to see the field.

/ wedding mowing suggestions? #16  
In the end, as long as there aren't big clumps of grass and it's not too hard to walk on, everyone is going to be happy. After all, no one is coming to see the field.

Just don't let the bride see the field BEFORE the wedding day - she will notice every blade of grass that's "out of place" (regardless of how you prep it) and you will be blamed for trying to ruin her wedding. :(:mad:
ON her wedding day she will not notice anything about the field an it will be perfect. :)
- from a previous father of the bride.... ;):rolleyes:

/ wedding mowing suggestions? #17  
A couple days before the event,
roll it real good with a big roller,
then call in the local sod company and
have them cover the entire acre in
nice green lush sod!

(well, i guess it depends on the budget eh?)

:D

/ wedding mowing suggestions? #18  
I Set My Brush hog to As Low & Level As I can & Kind of of Scalp it Without Allowing it to Dig in Then Cross cut it every 3 days or so . This was a Plowed , Planted then Cut alfalfa Field , About 8 or so Acres . That upto a couple of weeks ago I just Kept Rough Cut with the BH .

Now Its pretty Nice & Level & Thanks to the Rains last nite Its Still nice & Green overall . I,m Planning on Overseeding it with Fescue today After it Drys a bit More & Hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks it will Be in Great shape & Ready for a cut with the finish Mower .

I,ve Done this Before in Other Areas & it Worked Quite Well . The Main Thing is Getting it set to Where It Wont Dig in on the Front sides . I,d say with Just an Acre of Ground to Prep . You wouldn,t Have any Problem Making the Deadline Unless it Rains Everyday .

Ours Is Fairlly sandy Soil though & No rocks or Anything. But It Was Pretty Rough Just weeks ago . The Pic Aint Great But Gives You an Idea , No Its No Golf Coarse But soon will look Much Better , The Bare Spots Torwards the Bottom of the Pic & to the Right Are Ther For Drainage to a Small pond Project I,ve been Working on The Last few Months . Best Of Luck. Bob

Attachments

• P6020012.JPG
    P6020012.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 99
  • P6020011.JPG
    P6020011.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
   / wedding mowing suggestions?
Hey, thanks for all the suggestions! I don't think I have time to grow anything, but I guess I'm going to brush hog it, then mow with the cub a few times and hope for the best. The roller idea is possible, as a friend has a small asphalt roller I could probably use.
Everyone who said the guests won't notice is probably right. If the bar budget is sufficient! The wedding is for an "adopted" daughter whose folks couldn't take care of this, and other things over the years.
I've attached a couple of pix of the field. Again, thanks for the replies

Attachments

• IMG_7613.JPG
    IMG_7613.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_7615.JPG
    IMG_7615.JPG
    315.2 KB · Views: 101
   / wedding mowing suggestions? #20  
Good luck with the field.:)