MissouriThunder seizes objective !

/ MissouriThunder seizes objective !
actionaj
Another post snook in on me while preparing my own. How do you guys type so dog gone fast ? Ahhhhhh yes my friend. JP4 (army aviation fuel). I should have thought of that. I was so concerned with my CAV hat blowing off I didn't think about that. :D :D :D

MissouriThunder

Willl,
Jeeeeze Louuuuise will you all please stop typing so fast ! I can't keep up with you all. All I see is the tip of your pincher thingee hanging from the front of your tractor. At least show me the rest of your beast would ya ?

MissouriThunder

/ MissouriThunder seizes objective ! #13  
So what's that beast sound like with that big shinny pipe? You should make a youtube video! I wanna see you "letting" the tank win! You must be a really thoughtful guy, you put your own ego aside to boost the tank's self esteeme didn't ya? LOL

/ MissouriThunder seizes objective ! #14  
Just a guess, but looks like you stole that pipe off a one stack Mack with a shack on the back.:confused:

carpenter383,
There's really no difference in the sound level and I couldn't tell you the first thing about creating a youtube video.

Ductape,
For the amount of money I spent on this project I should have stolen the chrome pipe.

MissouriThunder

/ MissouriThunder seizes objective ! #16  
Looking Good There MT , You Appear to be One Happy Owner :D . Loved the Pic With the Tank :eek: . Thanks for Showing . :D . Bob

/ MissouriThunder seizes objective ! #17  
Nice looking rig. I suppose getting a little mud on the tires is out of the question?

I think he may have color coordinated grease too. Orange for the orange parts, black for the black parts.

I'm not sure my tractor was the clean the day I got it.

/ MissouriThunder seizes objective ! #18  
Now I don't want to sound negative, but I guess I am.

Why would you put the stack on it at that height? Now it is right there so any fumes will blow back in your face. I guess I would've stuck with the factory exhaust or made it stick up much higher. I hope the CSM didn't charge you too much for that canopy. It looks like a sheet of diamond plate with a couple of angle brackets attached to it.

Again, sorry to sound negative, but after all the hype and build up, I was expecting more.

/ MissouriThunder seizes objective ! #19  
MT, Did you remove the factory muffler or hook your new exhaust pipe downstream of the muffler? I like the look and was considering a similar project on my FT. I figure removing the muffler and routing the stack up would reduce the temp under the hood considerably. I also like the look of your shade maker, pretty cool.
Regards,
John

NewToy,
I did not remove the muffler although I seriously considered it. They simply attached the chrome stack to the muffler with three screws. I was a bit skeptical at first but those screws really hold it in place. The after market canopy was a huge savings over the factory one for $486. I paid $168 installed. I too like the look of the diamond plate. I am going to paint the support arms black to help it blend in.

jwstewar,
You're not sounding negative at all. I chose the height it's at because the loader needed to clear the stack. Any lower and it would have looked weird. I noticed yesterday when I was at highway speeds the exhaust was hitting me smack in the middle of my chest which is perfect for snow removal operations I'll be doing this winter (warm exhaust). Not once did I catch a wiff of diesel. I'm considering adding a chrome tip to the top cut at a 45 or 90 degree angle. I removed the "flapper" thingee the CSM guys installed because it made so much noise.

Phineas7,
You're right, I need to buy a grease gun ASAP. I'm a very **** clean freak and am constantly wiping her down.

cowboy357,
Yes, I am the happiest tractor owner out there. I need two more attachments for my baby to be complete. Gotta start saving up again.

MissouriThunder