So you wanna be a........

/ So you wanna be a........ #11  
Just come up with a contract with a hold harmless clause in it. If they won't sign it then you walk away.

/ So you wanna be a........ #12  
Wow....that guy is really a low life. I'd like to think you can overcome his claims......but somebody should teach that clown a lesson.

Perhaps you could file some type of counter-suit...on the other hand, why throw good money after bad? Usually those types of folks don't end up paying a judgment....you just can't squeeze blood outta a turnip. It just seems that a guy trying to pull that kind of fraud should be held accountable.

/ So you wanna be a........ #13  
I am surprised at the responses. Even though those of you responding probably have not participated in some of the trashing of businesses on this forum....still I am surprised.

Here is FWJ who works hard and pays attention to his money. He goes out and builds a huge mowing business, and makes a little money. Someone is trying to take advantage of him, and you all rise to defend him....AND I SAY GOOD FOR YOU.

Then you move down the page and there are people on here literally trying to screw a dealer out of any type of profit he might try to earn. Then you are on here asking anyone and everyone just how you might "force" them to honor any and everything you might want done to your tractor under warranty.

This is the same type of deal. FWJ is now being attacked by someone who wants everything for "nothing."

Personal note to FWJ. If you have the resources, and the stress of all of this will not cause you physical harm....I would encourage you to "grab him by the face" with the law. Then once you have him in that position I would encourage you to break him. Money him to death, and perhaps bring him to the point where he sees that he runs a good chance of losing his home and acreage, because he messed with the wrong man.

If you have not noticed....I have tremendous respect for FWJ....only because of what he writes, an the information he provides on this forum.

/ So you wanna be a........ #14  
Our farm is on a stretch of road that has a snow drift problem through the winter, and many cars get sucked off, we have learned through the years when they come to the barn for a quick pull, we point them to the phone so they can call a tow service, not worth the risk to fire a tractor up.

Tom in Vermont

/ So you wanna be a........ #15  
If you're not familiar with his books...visit Amazon.com and check out "George Hayduke"...he has some interesting ideas you may be interested in...(down the road after the dust settles and any legal battles are over with)

Archie bunker said it best..."revenge is the best way to get even" (and it's a dish best served cold)

/ So you wanna be a........ #16  
Just come up with a contract with a hold harmless clause in it. If they won't sign it then you walk away.

This sounds like a good idea. Put in compaction of septic fields, water lines, underground elect lines and old wells. I know this won't fly with gov or commercial contracts but residental people with make ya want to pull your hair out. Good luck, sounds like it was a set up from the start by how quickly he claimed to have damages.:mad:

/ So you wanna be a........ #17  
Our farm is on a stretch of road that has a snow drift problem through the winter, and many cars get sucked off, we have learned through the years when they come to the barn for a quick pull, we point them to the phone so they can call a tow service, not worth the risk to fire a tractor up.

Tom in Vermont

i live on a dirt road that when it rains, can get pretty nasty at times. i have had more then my share of people coming to my house in the middle of the night asking me to come pull them out because they noticed my "big tractor in the barn". i have to respectfully decline because it's not worth the good deed of helping them out only to be sued when that tractor causes dammage to their vehicle. i tell give them the number of a local guy who has a tow service. they get pulled out, he gets some business, and i get to go back to bed without having to worry about being sued.

/ So you wanna be a........ #18  
FWJ: Sorry to hear that. People can be scum. Hope you got a good lawyer and counterclaim for PITA and fees.

Reading some of the posts i realize how bad its getting. Cant help out your fellow man for fear of being sued. Hope it dosen't come to that where i am. Ill still stop to pull someone out of the ditch. The judges around here would laugh the guy out of court if he tried to take action.

/ So you wanna be a........ #19  
FWJ, if what the plumber told you holds up looks like you've got the jerk by the short one's. Can he spell fraud? Bet the DA can and the court would take a dim view of this. I can see you winding up owning his property if you want to go to the trouble of it.

/ So you wanna be a........ #20  
I am a land surveyor and work for a civil engineering firm. We get sued on occasion. Sometimes, if you use your imagination, you can see how we got named. Other times, there is no reason at all we are getting sued, but that doesn't stop people. Thats one bad thing about having insurance, people see that as a way to get money. The truth is, if we really screw up, we will pay to fix what ever we did wrong, and no court is needed. On every occasion we win, but we still lose because we have to pay to defend ourselves.

The lawyers got to make a livin you know!