Do you Text message while driving the tractor

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #1  

Knight

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
Does anyone else txt while driving the tractor?

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #2  
I do sometimes. Really only when I'm driving around or cutting. Usually when my iPod runs out of battery and I get bored. But, I can easily be entertained by the sound of a high RPM diesel.:D

Kyle

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #3  
I Wouldnt know how to if I wanted to . But The Little Bit of Experience I Have of Text Messages . Well It aint good.

Just another Way Of NOT Paying Attention to What Or Who you Should be Paying attention to . Sorry But I Find It about as Rude as You Can Get . But thats Just Me I Guess .

I Also Dont Have a Bigscreen, Surround Sound , ipods , Blackberrys, Video Games . & All The Other Fancy things That IMO. Do Nothing But Cost money That Is wasted For No Reason. People Are to Lazy These Days IMO. Whats wrong With a Phone call ?

Once Again Sorry , But Just seems to Be the Norm these Days . It Will Never Make Sence to Me . A 15 or 20 Year old Kid thats Spoiled I Can understand . Other Then That Is Rediculous Especially For a Grown Man That Sould be Paying attention , Either in a Vehicle Going down the Road OR on a Tractor . Just My Thoughts . :mad:

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #4  
I have been trying to get the last of our soybeans and corn planted today and have had so many emails, texts, and phone calls while operating a tractor today-At least I have a blackberry so it is easier to type than on a regular cell phone :rolleyes:

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #5  
Whats with the caps ?

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #6  
I always pull my tractor to the side, put it in neutral, set the parking break, and shut the engine off before making a text message or answering the phone :D.

Not really but I do text a little while mowing or tilling in a field, but my passes don't end up as straight while I do it so I don't make a habbit of doing it. If it is necessary I do stop the tractor while texting.

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #7  
I don't text at all but do enjoy talking on the phone while grooming snowmobile trails with the 7430

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #8  
Sure I do. But I'm rarely doing something that I can't pause for a second to peck out a text.

As for cowboy asking "what's wrong with a phone call?" Nothing--unless someone is trying to be quiet/discreet someplace that a call would be annoying. Otherwise, making a phone call is the lazy way out. Much more info can be exchanged in a call with 1/10th the effort of a text message. I really don't understand the popularity of text messaging, but readily admit that it does have a place in modern society and can be mighty nice when a phone call would be too disruptive.

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #9  
Whats wrong With a Phone call ?

Have you ever tried to talk on the phone over a diesel engine? I've never texted while driving a tractor, but that's only because I've never had occasion to. I would send a text from my tractor before I'd talk on the phone. I'd only do it if I weren't running some implement. I'd probably have to stop what I was doing since I'm not talented enough to do both at the same time.

I don't advocate texting while driving or allowing unnecessary distractions when operating equipment, but I do consider modern advances in communications technology to be some of the best things that have happened. A cell phone, laptop, handheld PDA, WiFi, E-mail, and Instant Messaging give me freedom to be where I want to be when I want to be there and still accomplish what is needed as an employee, father, husband, EMT, City Planner, Church Finance Clerk, Soccer Coach, and even a wannabe farmer. I love text messaging because I can receive an important message while in a meeting without having to disrupt the whole meeting. I can also receive a text while I'm on the tractor and get the whole message without having to shut down or step far away from the tractor after the third "WHAT!!??"

I wonder if those who embraced indoor plumbing or grid electricity when it came along were ridiculed by others for being spoiled or immature.

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #10  
I don't have time for a text message on a tractor....OR in a vehicle on the highway.

Something that i do carry on the tractor while I'm out on the property is a two-way radio.....and i use it to tell my wife that I'm coming in for lunch, or to have the gate open by the time i get there:D.....and many other things.

It comes in real handy if someone gets hurt too.

No texting on my tractor.

I can see someone trying to run a backhoe & sending a text message:rolleyes: