electronic rust protection

/ electronic rust protection #1  

cchoate

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota GL3430 HST
If you think I'm a little **** about washing my b7500, what do you think of this? - I'm now adding a electronic rust inhibitor. Spent much time researching and found the company "counteract" makes the best one for our application. I've used others on my vehicles for years and believe they work well. Counteract does have a web sight. The model I'm ordering is $289, but if it does the job, it's well worth it. My only real question is where do I mount it?

/ electronic rust protection #2  
On your tractor.

/ electronic rust protection #3  
Sorry, had to say that. I'm interested in this. Do you have any "test data", like you had one on one car, not on another, gave them both the same use & care, etc.? I have a friend that is a sailor, who put a zinc on the underside of his Wagoneer, and swears it keeps the rust away. I'd sure like to know more, but am too lazy to research yet another idea. We've got a lot of salt up here. People who live and work near the ocean have it worse (right, Paul?). I wonder, though, if a tractor really needs it.

/ electronic rust protection #4  
don't want to rain on your parade, but do u think u really need a rust inhibitor on a tractor?they may be needed ona car or truck but i have never seen a tractor that rusted out. i personally woud take the $300 and put it towards another implement. just mho

/ electronic rust protection #5  
<font color=blue>"I personally woud take the $300 and put it towards another implement."</font color=blue>

Hmm... rust inhibitor... new boxblade... rust Inhibitor... new boxblade...

I ordered my new boxblade today. Just my opinion.

/ electronic rust protection
If we plan on having the same tractor a lifetime, somethings on it are going to rust (mower deck, fel, anyplace paint is chipped, ect...). It will also protect anything that is attached to the tractor. Ok, I could use a rotary kutter but I would rather stop rust from the start and wait a year for the next implement.

/ electronic rust protection #7  
I'm not saying you're wrong. In my case, however, there are a couple other factors. One is that most of my tractor body is plastic. The other is that at my age it'll last me for life pretty much regardless of what I do regarding rust. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Besides, if I don't get a box blade and work on my drive soon I'm going to have to hike from the public road to the barn just to be able to get to my tractor, rusty or not. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif