Security & Theft Equipment Stolen

/ Equipment Stolen #11  
Best of luck finding your equipment. & Hope the pos's that stole your equipment get caught. It's everyone's job to find this stuff on craig's list and the local shoppers as you never know where it will end up.

/ Equipment Stolen #12  
"It's my understanding this type of equipment has universal keys," the chief said.

We all know that universal keys are useful but this is one of the downsides. I wonder if dealers and even individuals ought to have some sort of "lock box" system covering the ignition that makes the key hole unaccessible at night.

I presume a business like Messick's is insured but it sucks anyway.

/ Equipment Stolen
this happens to us alot... probably about every 6 months or so. This is the first time it got printed on the front page of the newspaper. This was ballsey, but we've had worse. A few years ago it was 6 skid loaders, once a full 180Hp farm tractor that would have taken a semi to move.

/ Equipment Stolen #14  
We all know that universal keys are useful but this is one of the downsides. I wonder if dealers and even individuals ought to have some sort of "lock box" system covering the ignition that makes the key hole unaccessible at night.

I presume a business like Messick's is insured but it sucks anyway.

things like that just add expense.. and in the long run.. just take moments to defeat.

how long does it take to jumper the wires on the back of a key switch?

soundguy

/ Equipment Stolen #15  
this happens to us alot... probably about every 6 months or so. This is the first time it got printed on the front page of the newspaper. This was ballsey, but we've had worse. A few years ago it was 6 skid loaders, once a full 180Hp farm tractor that would have taken a semi to move.

Maybe you should invest in a good fence with plenty of no trespassing signs and a couple of these:D
rottweiler.jpg

/ Equipment Stolen #16  
things like that just add expense.. and in the long run.. just take moments to defeat.

how long does it take to jumper the wires on the back of a key switch?

soundguy

Yea, you are right.

Our local Ford dealer just blocks his driveway with a couple of trucks. There must be something that can be done especially for a dealer like Messick's who is getting hit regularly.

/ Equipment Stolen #17  
Someone hit our local Kubota dealer a few months ago. It sounds very familiar. I'm guessing they were pro's.

/ Equipment Stolen
For us its pretty complicated. Our store fills 25 acers, we have 1/4mi of highway frontage. At any given time there are probably at least 300 drive away machines sitting outside. Its not like we're talking a dozen lawn and garden tractors. We have tried a few things. Motion activated alarms, chained off areas, etc. Its effective for your petty thief, but these guys knew what they where doing.

/ Equipment Stolen #19  
Neil Sorry I didn't know you are a pro at this! Have you had much luck in recovery?

/ Equipment Stolen #20  
Scum. I hope they get caught and the cops throw away the key.

Neil, sorry to hear about your loss. And I wish it was that simple for the cops to throw away the key, and I know they would gladly do so, but it's up to the judge.