Feathering PTO

/ Feathering PTO #1  

Tractorguy1038

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet Yanmar EX 3200
Bolens G274 (new to me) - I have an operator's manual but I can't seem to get the feathering control to operate. Unfortunately there must have been a design change between printing and manufacture. The directions talk about a dash switch, a dash lever, and another lever down by the driver's left calf. The machine doesn't have the dash lever. The direction say - PTO may be engaged using the dash switch by permanently moving feathering control lever to ON. (this works). PTO may be feathered by permanently moving dash lever to to ON and controlling PTO with feathering control lever. Move lever approximately 1/2 the travel until PTO begins to rotate, then move control to fully ON position. (with no "dash lever" I've tried various combinations and nothing seems to work).

/ Feathering PTO #2  
I believe your Bolens was made by Iseki.

There's a forum for Iseki owners on this site. Scroll down, ask again, and Good Luck!

Lunk

/ Feathering PTO
Thanks. I'm aware of that. And I've done that. Since this section is "Owning / OPERATING " and feathering is feathering, I thought I'd try here.

/ Feathering PTO #4  
Well...I'd like to help out more, but I don't have a "feathering control" on my tractor...

Good luck!

/ Feathering PTO #5  
It sounds like you have a combination electric/ hydraulic PTO. If you don't an answer, post your question as Bolins # PTO problem and you may get more answers. As was said feathering is not a common term on other tractors.

/ Feathering PTO
Thanks to all for the responses.