Oil & Fuel Off Road Diesel Fuel

/ Off Road Diesel Fuel #21  
I agree, it's all the same. What refinery would make two different formulations for just a government tax issue! Wonder where the 'dye' gets added..........:confused: ~Scotty

PS- Just thinkin', is home heating fuel dyed, or is that a different composition?

/ Off Road Diesel Fuel #22  
I agree, it's all the same. What refinery would make two different formulations for just a government tax issue! Wonder where the 'dye' gets added..........:confused: ~Scotty

PS- Just thinkin', is home heating fuel dyed, or is that a different composition?
I work often for refineries setting up control system for turbines and compressors. Every single refinery in the US (and in fact in most countries) built so-called hydrotreater unit (it has a hydrogen compressor) to remove sulfur from the feed. Since they remove the sulfur before they process the feed into gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, heating oil you name it there isn't sulfur in any fuel or lubricant the refinery makes.

/ Off Road Diesel Fuel #23  

From what I have observed here in VA - the dye gets injected at the local terminal level, just prior to it being loaded into the transport trucks..

Brian

/ Off Road Diesel Fuel #24  

I talked to our fule delivery guy over the winter. They add the dye into the delivery truck, as they are filling from teh bulk tanks. That is why some fuel is redder then other stuff. They mix approximatly, andbasically just toss in some dye into the truck tank. The bulk storage tanks all contain non-dyed stuff.

/ Off Road Diesel Fuel #25  
LSD* Diesel should be just about gone from all locations by now. If i remember right the date for the complete change over to ULSD is 2010.
But people do not realize this and are hanging onto all the old myths.

1*I agree, it's all the same. 2*What refinery would make two different formulations for just a government tax issue!
3*PS- Just thinkin', is home heating fuel dyed, or is that a different composition?
1*Sure it is as that's the only thing that makes sense.
2*That would just be plain stupid.
3*There is just one fuel called different names.
A-Before it dyed it's called on road.
B-After it's dyed it's called off road diesel if you run it in your tractor or other diesel engine or home heating oil if you use it to heat your home with.

It's all so simple but amazing how poeple go so far out of their way to make it complicated.